At the end of 2007 Turkey’s Koç Holding, took full ownership of Grundig Multimedia. Now the trademark Grundig is owned by a Turkish company. Televisions are made in Turkey.
There are two types of designation for TV models of Grundig TVs:
- The 65GUW8860 is assigned to TVs produced for Germany, they have better characteristics and image quality.
- the second type is 65VLX9772, such markings have TVs produced for the rest of Europe excluding Germany. These TVs have a lower price, the difference in price between similar models of TVs of the first and second type is about 500 euros.
Why so, the Grundig brand is known in Germany and the buyer is willing to pay more for the old, well-known brand. In the rest of Europe, Grundig TVs can not compete in pricing with other manufacturers, making the production cheaper, TVs are promoted in the markets of European countries.
It is also possible that the assembly of TV sets (1 type of marking is done) in Germany.
TVs Grundig decode model number 2011-2018
- The first two digits are the size of the TV screen in inches.
- The third character is the total TV series.
- Then it is indicated what resolution the screen matrix is installed on the TV
- further TV series
- After the series, the year of development of the TV model
How to find out what year my TV Grundig
In the designation of the year they did it very simply, since the new series of television sets began to be produced in 2001. That figure corresponds to the year.
- 1 – 2001
- 2 – 2002
- 3 – 2003
- 4 – 2004
- 5 – 2005
- 6 – 2006
- 7 – 2007
- 8 – 2008
- 9 – 2009
The last two digits of the design change indicator.
It should be noted that Grundig adheres to the following rules, the line of TVs is presented as a model series of 2017-2018 or 2018-2019, therefore some models of TVs may have a year marking different from the time of the beginning of sales.
Grundig TV model number explanation for Germany.
Briefly about the designation of the TV model Grundig: the designation of the TV model contains information about the type and resolution of the matrix, you can determine what year the TV is designed.
- 40 – TV screen size in inches.
- G – standard
- A – FineArts
- U – screen matrix type
- U – UHD
- O – OLED
- T – color of the TV (frames around the screen)
- W – white
- T – Anthracite
- S – gray
- B – black
- C – aluminum
- 8 – TV series
How to find out what year the model of TV Grundig
Grundig TVs are updated every year. You can find out in which year the production of the TV model began by the model number 40GUT8860
- 9 – 2019
- 8 – 2018
- 7 – 2017
- 6 – 2016
- 5 – 2015
- 4 – 2014
- 3 – 2013
- 2 – 2012
- 1 – 2011
60 – the last two digits in the model number, this is the design.
Models of TVs Grundig for other countries.
For all other countries except Germany, the labeling of TVs is slightly different but not much. The only difference is that there is another designation of the lineup. And the type of screen is indicated by X – UHD, E – full HD, O – OLED.