Samsung has updated the Q90R quantum dot TV range. Let’s see what changes in new TVs 9 series. On the example of TVs QN65Q90R (2019) and QN65Q9FN (2018). These are TVs for North America, differences from TVs for other regions in the type of digital tuner.
Differences between TVs
QN65Q90R (2019) and QN65Q9FN (2018)
- Backlight – Samsung claims on the Q90R TVs Direct Full Array 16X³ technology, and on the 2018 TVs QN65Q9F Direct Full Array Elite. These technology designations are invented for marketing purposes. TVs have backlit screens throughout the screen, the backlight is divided into zones, this allows you to adjust the brightness of the backlight by zone. How many zones in the Q9 series TVs is unknown, the manufacturer does not report this information.
- dimming technology Q90R Ultimate UHD Dimming, Q9F Supreme UHD Dimming. Both technologies work the same way.
- The design in TVs, a form of legs differs.
- The colors transmitted by TVs are the same, only in 2019, Samsung came up with a name instead of Q color, a new name 100% Color Volume with Quantum Dot.
- HDR (High-Dynamic Range) is also a new name for the Quantum HDR 16x with no real differences. The following standards are supported on the 2018, 2019 TVs: HDR10, HDR10 +, HLG. All other names are advertising.
- The processor in 2019 is called the Quantum Processor 4K, this is a new processor or the 2018 is unknown, but given the fact that there is nothing new on the 2019 TVs, there is a high probability that the processor of previous years.
- Tizen 5.0 operating system
- Added support for voice assistants Goole and Alexa on TVs in 2019.
- Support AI Technology (artificial intelligence) in 2019, but in fact, the TV alone can not. It all depends on the programs with which the TV can work, while this is just an advertisement.
- Easy Pairing – forgot to specify in 2019, but pairing with other devices works.
- Also on the 2019 TVs is the new TM1950C remote control.
Consider all the differences between the Samsung Quantum 9 Series TVs. And again, we note that the real differences between the models of 2018 and 2019, in support of voice assistants Google and Alexa, and these programs can also be called artificial intelligence. Otherwise, these are the same TVs as they were in 2018.
Comparison of TVs Samsung Q90R (2019) and Q9FN (2018)
|QN65Q90R (2019)||differences||QN65Q9F (2018)|
|Style||Flat Panel||Flat Panel|
|Resolution||3,840 x 2,160||3,840 x 2,160|
|type screnn||Quantum Dot||Quantum Dot|
|Backlighting||Direct Full Array 16X³||✅||Direct Full Array Elite|
|Dimming Technology||Ultimate UHD Dimming||✅||Supreme UHD Dimming|
|Stand Type (Color)||Bending Plate||✅||Simple Plus|
|Bezel Width||4 Bezel-less||4 Bezel-less|
|Color||100% Color Volume with Quantum Dot||✅||Q Color|
|HDR (High-Dynamic Range)||Quantum HDR 16x||✅||Q HDR EliteMax|
|Picture Engine||Quantum Processor 4K||✅||Q Engine|
|OS||Tizen 5.0||✅❗||Tizen 4.0|
|Smart Hub||Yes (incl. Sports, Music and TV Plus)||Yes (incl. Sports, Music and TV Plus)|
|Digital Clean View||Yes||Yes|
|Ultra Black||Ultra Black Elite||Ultra Black Elite|
|Mobile to TV - Mirroring, DLNA||Yes||Yes|
|Auto Channel Search||Yes||Yes|
|InstaPort S (HDMI Quick Switch)||Yes||Yes|
|Auto Power Off||Yes||Yes|
|Apps Platform||Smart TV with Bixby Voice, Apps and Full Web Browser||Smart TV with Bixby Voice, Apps and Full Web Browser|
|Auto Motion Plus||Yes||Yes|
|TV to Mobile - Mirroring||Yes||Yes|
|USB HID Support||Yes||Yes|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|RF In (Terrestrial/CableВ||Yes||Yes|
|RF In (Satellite Input)||Yes||Yes|
|Digital Audio Out (Optical)||Yes||Yes|
|Audio Return Channel SupportВ||Yes||Yes|
|Product Size (W x H x D) Without Stand||57.1" x 32.7" x 1.6"||✅||57.1" x 32.7" x 1.5"|
|Product Size (W x H x D) With Stand||57.1" x 36.3" x 11.2"||✅||57.1" x 34.1" x 14.4"|
|Product Weight With Stand||62.4 lb.||✅||58.9 lb|