Vizio TVs are a great choice for those who prefer to combine simplicity and excellent features. The TV is filled with useful functions, for example, the subtitles. Subtitles are the words that are displayed at the bottom of the screen and explain the dialogue between people, background noises, and sound effects to let people watch their favorite content and feel relaxed.
Even though, this feature can greatly help people with hearing problems, or viewers who try to learn a new language, they still may annoy people who have accidentally switched them on. People tend to want to get rid of this text displayed at the bottom, as sometimes it distracts them from viewing or even bothers them. Fortunately, there’s a way to turn them off and there’s no need to make some big effort.
How to disable the subtitles on Vizio TV
Modern TVs provide their users with a full range of features and opportunities from casting the content to reading the dialogue between actors right on the screen. Even though there are many new opportunities offered, users still may get a bit confused with them. Subtitles are available almost on each TV, so it’s not weird that some of the users want to disable them. Not only do Vizio TV users have a desire to get rid of the bottom screen text, but LG TV, Sony TV, Samsung TV, etc users also.
However, if people want to disable the subtitles, they still can be helpful. For example, if the background noises are louder than the dialogue, or the actors have a thick accent, the subtitles can help you to efficiently follow the dialogue and have a full understanding of what’s going on. Despite this fact, as was mentioned before, some people want to disable them as they find subtitles distracting.
Keep in mind that the methods can slightly vary depending on the model of your TV. Unfortunately, you can’t sitch the subtitles off at once.
- How to zoom out on Vizio TV explained
- How to reset Vizio TV in a few simple steps
- How to fix Vizio TV isn’t turning on
How to switch off the subtitles on Vizio TV using a remote
The remote control is one of the most important components of your TV, as with it you can do many things. Each button on the remote has its task and often using it you can avoid following many steps to reach your goal. Not only the remote control of the Vizio TV should be paired, but also others like Samsung TV, LG TV, Roku TV, and others.
If you’re a loyal Vizio TV user, you may have the remote control which has initially come with the Vizio TV. There you can see a CC button. To switch off or on the subtitles, depending on the current condition, you should just press this button. However, you should keep in mind that the location of the button can slightly differ depending on the model of the remote control, or it can be even absent, for example, on Universal Remote.
Any other TV such as Sony, LG, Samsung, etc, has the same principle of disabling the subtitles.
Fortunately, even though, you may have a Universal Remote without the CC button, you don’t need to worry, as there are still some ways to switch off the subtitles on your Vizio TV
How to switch off the subtitles using the Settings
Even though the subtitles may be quite useful, some people still want to turn them off. Even if there’s no CC button on your remote, don’t worry, you’re still able to disable the subtitles. If the CC is enabled, you can use your remote control to head into the “Settings” and view the CC settings without any effort.
So, if you want to disable the CC via the Settings, you should follow the prompts which would be displayed in the section below:
- First of all, you should switch on your Vizio TV.
- After that, you should click on the “Menu” button on your remote control.
- Then, you should click on the “HDTV Settings” option.
- To complete the process, you should choose the “CC” option. There you should select the Digital CC or Analog and switch them off.
Since then, you won’t see any text at the bottom of your screen and won’t be distracted from viewing your favorite content. However, not only Vizio users want to watch movies and shows with a clear picture without subtitles, but also Fubo ones.
How to customize the Digital CC
Even though many users want to disable the CC, there are still some alternatives. For example, the Digital CC which is now used on the Vizio TVs instead of Analog ones can be customized. If you’re not satisfied with the size, color, etc, of the subtitles, you can change them to watch the content with pleasure.
So, if you want to customize the Digital CC, you should follow the prompts which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should switch on your Vizio TV.
- After that, you should click on the “V” or “Via” button on your remote control.
- Then, you should head to the “HDTV” settings.
- Next, you should enter the “Digital Closed Captioning” section.
- After that, you’d be able to customize the Closed Captioning. To do that, you’ll need to head to the “Custom caption” option depending on your TV model.
- To complete the process, you can change the size and color of the subtitles.
Since then, the subtitles would be adjusted in a way that you’ll be satisfied with.
- How to connect speakers to Vizio Smart TV explained
- How to turn off subtitles on FuboTV
- How to turn on subtitles on Amazon Prime explained
Why do you still see the CC on the Vizio TV
There are some cases when users have disabled the subtitles, but still, see the text below the image. It may be that the CC is still enabled, as there are some differences between the CC and the subtitles. However, in some cases, it can also mean that the CC is displayed from another connected device. You can check that.
So, if you want to check your connected device, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should head to the Settings of the connected device.
- After that, you should make sure that the subtitles are disabled.
- If they’re switched on, you should disable them.
Since then, you won’t see the subtitles while watching your favorite content.