To simplify the comparison of different models of Samsung TVs, an article Lineup TV Samsung 2018 comparison chart Europa, US, Australia
Samsung uses 4 different types of markings to designate TV models. Televisions for the home are familiar to us TVs which are mainly sold in stores; they have three types of labeling. Separately positioned TVs for business.
- Home QLED TVs
- Home LED TVs
- The Frame series (imitation of pictures).
- Televisions for hotels, waiting rooms, etc.
Identification of the model TVs Samsung 2008-2018
Let’s consider how to decipher the capabilities of the TV by marking, using the example of the 2017 model UN55MU8500.
- U – a symbol of the company’s product (TV)
- N – region for which the TV is released in this case the USA
- 55 – screen size in inches
- M – the year the TV went on sale or the year of development, but more correctly the year of M-2017 sales start.
- U – the TV has a screen with UHD resolution
- 8 – TV series
- 5 – TV model, as a rule, the larger the number, the more functional the TV has
- 00 – TV design
Identification Samsung model TV QLED 2017-2018
Decipher the marking of QLED Samsung TVs.
- Q – TV series
- N – region for which the TV is produced
- 65-screen size inches
- Q7 – repetition of the series designation, purely for marketing reasons
- C (F) -type TV curved or flat
- N – year of the beginning of sales
- A – type of applied backlight
- FXZA – an alphabetic designation, it is possible to determine for which country the TV is made, the type of digital tuners.
Identification Samsung model TV The Frame 2017-2018
The Frame series of TVs, positioned as an art series, such TVs are designed to replace paintings and make the interior design dynamic. Originally produced in two types, with the possibility of mounting on the wall and in the style of 1970 on the legs. But by 2018, there was only one design left (mounting on the wall or on the stand). Initially, they had a slightly different marking, for example, in 2017, the UE65LS003AUXRU, but in 2018 the marking was brought to the standard, a letter indicating the year of development of UE65LS03NAUXXU was added.
Samsung retained the usual labeling of TVs, the year the model was developed, was designated by the letter N, the rest did not change. As expected, the Super series disappeared, it was transformed into a QLED series. In TV sets, compared to 2017, processors in the top-end TV sets of 9 and 8 will be improved.
QLED televisions, also the letter N is added to indicate the year of development of the TV.
2017, Samsung decided to display TVs with screens on quantum dots in a separate series of QLED. And most likely the previously used designation S will no longer be used in the designation of TV models since 2017. The TVs themselves remained the same as in previous years, and of course there is an improvement in the processors for speeding up the TV and faster response to the commands, improving the methods of connection. So invented One Connect allows you to reduce the number of cables to the TV. But in general, TVs are the same as in 2016
In 2016, the labeling of TVs remained the same as in previous years, only the letter indicating the year of model development and the start of sales changed.
Example decoding model Samsung TV 2014
- U-LED lighting, LEDs are used. Uxxxxxxxxxx
- E–region to which TV is made of E-Europe, for example, for the United States N designation, UExxxxxxxxx
- 55- The figures for the first two letters, screen size in inches UE55xxxxxxx
- H– year TV H-2014. UE55Hxxxxxx
- U-indicates that the TV set screen resolution 4К UHD UE55HUxxxxx
- 9-TV series UE55HU9xxxx
- 000-modification UE55HU9000x
- T-indicates that some of the TV digital tuners 2 x DVB-T2 / C / S2 UE55HU9000T
In 2012, the last digit in TVs example UE55EH7000x indicated a tuner installed if the last digit is 0, then the set T tuner, if 7 is installed T2 tuner (2012.)
Since 2013, the availability of digital tuners denoted differently, one or the other tuners denoted by the letters at the end of the marking UE55F6650AB
- 2014 in place of the presence of AB Tuner DVB-T2 / C / S2 were designated as AU.
- AW-DVB-T / C
- AK-DVB-T2 / C
- AB-DVB-T2 / C / S2, in 2014 the designation AU
- AT-2 x DVB-T2 / C / S2
In some European countries use a slightly different notation built-in digital tuners.
- SZ– indicates the presence of tuners -Tuner DVB-T2 / C / S2 x 2
- SD-indicates the presence of tuners -Tuner DVB-T2 / C / S2
- SS-tuners –DVB-T / C / S2
- SL-indicates the presence of tuners 2 x DVB-T / C / S2