What do Samsung TV model numbers actually mean? Consider the designation of Samsung TV models. You can understand the model numbers of the new 2019 TVs, as well as the old Samsung TV models.
To simplify the comparison of different models of Samsung TVs, an article: Lineup TV Samsung 2018 comparison chart Europa, US, Australia
Samsung model number 2008-2019 what does the model number mean
What does Samsung TV model number mean? – This is the manufacturer’s code assigned to the TV, which is used to identify the TV. In the model number there is information for which region the TV was released, the year when the TV model was developed and sales began, the type of screen, the model number and the type of digital tuners. And also what series the TV belongs to.
Where are Samsung TVs made
Make no mistake the first letters in the model number mean the region for which the TV was made, and not the country in which the TV was assembled.
- UE – Europe
- UN – America, Korea
- UA – Africa, Australia
You can find out where the Samsung TV is made from the serial number. Or learn from the sticker, it is located behind the TV.
Samsung assembles TVs in the following countries.
Where are Samsung TVs manufactured? – Televisions Samsung for the United States, Canada, Mexico, and other countries in the Americas are assembled in Mexico. Europe Samsung TV assembly plants are located Slovenia, Hungary, Romania тelevisions for Europe, Near East are produced in these countries. For Russia and the countries of the former USSR, TVs are made in Russia. For Asia, Africa, Oceania, TVs are made in Malaysia, Korea, China
Samsung uses 4 different types of markings to designate TV models. Televisions for the home are familiar to us TVs which are mainly sold in stores; they have three types of labeling. Separately positioned TVs for business. 99% of TVs support Internet access. These TVs are called Samsung smart TV models.
- Home QLED TVs
- Home LED TVs
- The Frame series (imitation of pictures).
- Televisions for hotels, waiting rooms, etc.
What was the labeling of televisions until 2008, you can learn from the section at the end of the article: Identification of old Samsung TV model numbers for 2002-2007
Let’s consider how to decipher the capabilities of the TV by marking, using the example of the 2017 model UN55MU8500.
Samsung model code UN55MU8500FXZA
- U – a symbol of the company’s product (TV)
- N – region for which the TV is released in this case the USA
- 55 – screen size in inches
How do i tell what year my Samsung TV is
What year was my samsung tv made? You can recognize it by the letter that is in the model number after the diagonal size of the TV.
- M – the year the TV went on sale or the year of development, but more correctly the year of M-2017 sales start.
- R – 2019
- N – 2018
- M – 2017
- K – 2016
- J – 2015
- H – 2014
- F – 2013
- E – 2012
- D – 2011
- С – 2010
- B – 2009
- A – 2008
- U – the TV has a screen with UHD resolution
- 8 – TV series
- 5 – TV model, as a rule, the larger the number, the more functional the TV has
- 00 – TV design
What does FXZA mean on Samsung TV
- F – The type of digital tuner, depending on which standard is adopted in a particular country.
- F – ATSC/QAM standard US, Canada, Mexico
- U, K, T – DVB standard Europe
- G – Latin America
- X – Design
- ZA – region (country) for which the TV was made. ZA-US
Samsung TV model numbers identification QLED 2017-2019
Model number TV QLED Samsung 2019 explained
2019 Samsung has changed the labeling of QLED TVs. This is due to the start of production of TVs with a resolution of 8K.
An example of decoding the model number of a Samsung TV on quantum dots in 2019 QN65Q900RBFXZA
QN65Q – everything is clear, this is a type of quantum dot TVs. The size of the diagonal.
Changes in comparison with the previous designation of model numbers.
- model number denoted by two or three digits, 900, there were modifications of TVs in the series. In Europe, Q90R and Q95R TVs are assembled. In other series, also appeared modifications. For 8K TVs, three digits are allocated. This distinguishes the marking of 4K and 8K TVs.
- Removed screen type designation curved or flat. Perhaps Samsung will soon abandon the production of curved TVs.
- R – as for other TV models, means the year of development 2019.
- A, B – two letters from 2019 means the generation of the TV. For example, in 900 series televisions,
- A first generation TVs did not have HDMI 2.1 ports.
- B – HDMI ports of 2.1 standard are added and the remote control is replaced with a 2019 model.
- F– type digital tuner
- X – change the design of the TV
- ZA – two letters mean the country for which the TV is made.
Model number TV QLED Samsung 2017-2018
Decoder model number QLED TV Samsung
- Q – TV series
- N – region for which the TV is produced
- 65-screen size inches
- Q7 – repetition of the series designation, purely for marketing reasons
- C (F) -type TV curved or flat
- N – year of the beginning of sales
- A – type of applied backlight
- FXZA – an alphabetic designation, it is possible to determine for which country the TV is made, the type of digital tuners.
Identification Samsung model TV The Frame 2017-2018
The Frame series of TVs, positioned as an art series, such TVs are designed to replace paintings and make the interior design dynamic. Originally produced in two types, with the possibility of mounting on the wall and in the style of 1970 on the legs. But by 2018, there was only one design left (mounting on the wall or on the stand). Initially, they had a slightly different marking, for example, in 2017, the UE65LS003AUXRU, but in 2018 the marking was brought to the standard, a letter indicating the year of development of UE65LS03NAUXXU was added.
How to check Samsung TV model
Sometimes Samsung makes it possible on their sites to check the TV’s serial number. But given the large number of TVs produced and the need to constantly keep the database up to date, this possibility .sdftn is available only for a while.
Therefore, we recommend checking the model number yourself. To do this, see what year your TV model. See the date of production of the TV. If the model of the TV for example, 2019 in the model number of the TV should be the letter R.
Televisions in 2019 are collected in the period from the second quarter of 2019 to the second quarter of 2020. (04/01/2019 – 04/01/2020) a slight deviation of the production date by several months is possible.
2019 in the marking of Samsung TVs used a new letter R which indicates that this model of TV development in 2019. If the model number on the place of the letter designating the year of development of the model is the letter R (see above), this model of the 2019 TV. Also from the designation of the model number of TVs on quantum dots, they replaced the letter that indicated which TV was flat or curved. Instead of letters, numbers are used. Perhaps this is due to the start of production of TVs with a resolution of 8K. QN82Q60RAFXZA – TV with 4K screen resolution, QN75Q900RBFXZA – TV with 8K screen resolution. And in 2019 there will be an upgrade of the labeling of televisions on quantum dots.
Samsung retained the usual labeling of TVs, the year the model was developed, was designated by the letter N, the rest did not change. As expected, the Super series disappeared, it was transformed into a QLED series. In TV sets, compared to 2017, processors in the top-end TV sets of 9 and 8 will be improved.
QLED televisions, also the letter N is added to indicate the year of development of the TV.
2017, Samsung decided to display TVs with screens on quantum dots in a separate series of QLED. And most likely the previously used designation S will no longer be used in the designation of TV models since 2017. The TVs themselves remained the same as in previous years, and of course there is an improvement in the processors for speeding up the TV and faster response to the commands, improving the methods of connection. So invented One Connect allows you to reduce the number of cables to the TV. But in general, TVs are the same as in 2016
In 2016, the labeling of TVs remained the same as in previous years, only the letter indicating the year of model development and the start of sales changed.
Example decoding old model Samsung TV 2014
- U-LED lighting, LEDs are used. Uxxxxxxxxxx
- E–region to which TV is made of E-Europe, for example, for the United States N designation, UExxxxxxxxx
- 55- The figures for the first two letters, screen size in inches UE55xxxxxxx
- H– year TV H-2014. UE55Hxxxxxx
- U-indicates that the TV set screen resolution 4К UHD UE55HUxxxxx
- 9-TV series UE55HU9xxxx
- 000-modification UE55HU9000x
- T-indicates that some of the TV digital tuners 2 x DVB-T2 / C / S2 UE55HU9000T
Samsung TV model year codes
In 2012, the last digit in TVs example UE55EH7000x indicated a tuner installed if the last digit is 0, then the set T tuner, if 7 is installed T2 tuner (2012.)
Since 2013, the availability of digital tuners denoted differently, one or the other tuners denoted by the letters at the end of the marking UE55F6650AB
- 2014 in place of the presence of AB Tuner DVB-T2 / C / S2 were designated as AU.
- AW-DVB-T / C
- AK-DVB-T2 / C
- AB-DVB-T2 / C / S2, in 2014 the designation AU
- AT-2 x DVB-T2 / C / S2
In some European countries use a slightly different notation built-in digital tuners.
- SZ– indicates the presence of tuners -Tuner DVB-T2 / C / S2 x 2
- SD-indicates the presence of tuners -Tuner DVB-T2 / C / S2
- SS-tuners –DVB-T / C / S2
- SL-indicates the presence of tuners 2 x DVB-T / C / S2
Old Samsung TV model numbers for 2002-2007
Until 2008, Samsung TVs had a different label. In it, the characters in the model number had the following meanings.
LN -T4671FX / XA
- LN – Type designation of the TV.
- FP or HP – plazma
- LN – LCD
- HL – DLP
- TX – CRT
- T – TV model year
- T = 2007
- S = 2006
- R = 2005
- P = 2004
- N = 2003
- М = 2002
- 46 – TV screen size in inches diagonally.
- 71 – tv series
- F – resolution of the TV screen A – (Full HD, H -HD)
- X – design
- XA – sales region