Is it easy to unsubscribe from one of the biggest streaming services and are there no pitfalls afterwards? Are there alternatives to Paramount+, and which services can be better? Here you can find the answers to these questions.
Is there any way to cancel Paramount Plus on Firestick and Fire TV?
Nowadays, there are many different streaming services that can demand your attention. After Netflix, Discovery Plus, Disney Plus, HBO Max and Starz have conquered the streaming market, Paramount Plus has also joined them to gain some of its audience.
However, Paramount Plus is a bit different from its competitors. Not only does it offer a variety of original content, but it also offers live streaming of all CBS shows. It is, after all, an upgraded version of CBS All Access. With so much streaming content, it’s no wonder everyone wants to know what the specials are like.
When you sign up for Paramount Plus, you might think it’s not that great, especially considering it costs $9.99 a month if you don’t want to pay for ads. The basic package with ads costs $4.99 a month. If you decide to cancel your Amazon Prime account subscription for this or any other reason, you should know that it’s pretty simple.
Learn how to cancel Paramount Plus on Fire TV and Firestick here.
How to get rid of Paramount Plus subscription on Fire TV
If you want to cancel your Paramount Plus subscription on Amazon Fire TV, you need to follow the steps below:
- First, go to the official Amazon website and log in to your Amazon account with your username and password.
- Then click the “Accounts & Lists” tab under your account name. Then click the “Memberships & Subscriptions” link in the drop-down list. Your active subscriptions will be displayed in this area.
- Then select the “Manage subscriptions” option next to Paramount Plus.
- Click the link under “Manage Prime Video channels“.
- Search for “Paramount Plus” under “Prime Video Channels.“
- Under Prime Video Channels, click the Cancel Channel option.
- When prompted, confirm the request.
- Once you complete these steps, your Paramount Plus subscription on Amazon Fire TV will be canceled.
Once you complete these steps, your Paramount Plus subscription on Amazon Fire TV will be canceled.
How to get rid of Paramount Plus on Firestick
So if you’ve decided you’re happy with Paramount+ and have found an alternative (see below for a list of alternatives to Paramount+), now’s the time to cancel the service. Here’s how to do that on Fire TV:
- First, go to the Amazon website in a web browser.
- Enter your Amazon username and password. Then click Sign-In.
- Click your account name that appears at the top and select the Membership and Subscriptions option.
- Also, select the Manage Subscription option next to Paramount +.
- Tap Cancel Channel and click Confirm to complete the cancellation.
How to cancel Paramount Plus subscription through the website?
As you know, Fire TV and Firestick have many similarities, so the interface and algorithm are almost the same as the previous method:
- Open a browser on any device and visit the official website of Paramount Plus.
- Sign in with your Paramount Plus credentials.
- Tap the profile icon in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down and select the Account option.
- All your account information will be displayed on the screen.
- Navigate to the Subscription and Billing section.
- Tap the Cancel Subscription option to the right of the subscription.
- Finally, click the Cancel button to confirm your cancellation.
How Paramount Plus compares to other streaming services
Entering such a saturated and highly competitive space as online video streaming is difficult. With streaming giants like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus, HBO Max and Apple TV having a solid user base, Paramount Plus is already at a disadvantage.
To put the numbers in perspective: Competing with 73.08 million Netflix subscribers in the United States, 112 million Amazon Prime subscribers in the United States, 74 million Disney Plus subscribers worldwide and 33.6 million Apple TV subscribers in the United States is pretty tough.
Since CBS All Access currently has only 17.3 million subscribers, it definitely needs to get more, and rebranding it as Paramount Plus is definitely a good way to do that.
Now you know more about how Paramount+ compares to other services and how to unsubscribe if you don’t like it.