Google Photos is a very convenient cloud photo and video storage service from Google. You can set up automatic synchronization of your files so that they’ve added to the cloud by themselves. It’s very convenient and at some point, all the photos from your gallery will be in Google Photos. However, the best feature of Google Photos is the ability to share your photos and videos with other users.
You can share your photos or albums in many ways. Additionally, Google Photos has a feature that allows you to see exactly who is interested in your photos and who has viewed them. This can be very useful if you want to protect your privacy or to make sure the right person sees your photo.
What is Google Photo
With the advent of the internet, our lives have changed a lot. Along with these big changes came a lot of innovations to us, including security and information storage. Today, cloud storage services are becoming more and more popular. It’s more secure because you can’t worry that your phone with all the data will be stolen, and it is quite convenient because you can access it from any device where there is this service. One of the most popular and popular services for storing photos and videos on the web is Google Photos.
Google Photos gives you the ability to store all your photos or videos online, in addition, you can configure the automatic synchronization of files from your device. Although users say there are sometimes problems with this function, if you do it right, you can quickly and automatically upload the necessary files directly to the cloud.
Another interesting feature of Google Photos is that you can share your files directly from the cloud service. No more need to download files and send them to another person in a message or email. With cloud services, you can just link to that photo or add a specific person using their Google account. However, the question that many users have is how can they see who’s looking at their photo and who’s taking an interest in it? In fact, Google provides such a function and it will be quite easy to do it with a PC or a mobile app.
- How to check how many Google Photos do you have
- How to change Google Chrome download folder
- How to import Google Photos to Amazon Photos
How to find who saw your photos on Google Photo
You can see who’s seen your photos quite easily with your computer or mobile app. To do this, you first need to share a photo with a friend and send the link or add it to your Google profile. After that, no matter the photo or album the actions will be similar.
Using the desktop version of the app
In the case of the desktop version of the service Google Photos, you basically need a regular computer or any other device with a browser. Then you need to log in to your Google account and go to the Google Photos website. That’s where you’ll need to:
- You need to select your album from the side menu.
- Above your photos, you can see a list of the people you have added to this album. If the user icon is gray, it means that the user hasn’t yet viewed the photos in this album, but if your friend has already opened and viewed the photos, the icon will be saturated with color.
As you can see from the PC you need literally 3 clicks to access your album’s visitors list. It’s pretty easy to do.
Using the mobile app
No matter what mobile system you have, the mobile app on Android and iOS is the same. In order to see the users who have seen your photos in the album you need:
- From the home page, go to Sharing using the button at the bottom of the screen.
- Here you need to select the album you want.
- Above your photos, you can see the icons of the profiles that have been added to this album.
As described above, if the icon is dim, it means that the person hasn’t viewed your photos, but if it’s saturated with color, it means that the user has already viewed your photos.
Unfortunately, it’s impossible to see who exactly has viewed your photos using the link. Besides, you should know that your friends whom you have added to the album can also add other people, so you should check this list from time to time. People who will be added to the album will be able to view and download files. You can’t see who downloaded what files. You might also be interested in how to fix videos that don’t download.
How to share an album in Google Photo to a specific person
Google Photos has a feature that allows you to share an album with your friend or family. So for example you can make a family album and later order a printed version of it directly from Google. It’s pretty convenient. The fastest way to share an album with a specific person is to use the Google Photos mobile app. To do this you need:
- On the home page, click on Library in the lower right corner.
- Here you need to select your album from the list.
- Then to add people to it, click on Share.
- In the pop-up menu, you’ll see a list of people to whom you often send emails or other Google Services requests. Just select the person you want or use the magnifying glass icon to enter another user’s address.
This is how you add users to your album. They will have all the features you have. They will be able to add new photos, edit old ones and add new users to the album. This is very useful when you’re working with someone else on a set of photos.
How to share albums in Google Photo via link
There is also another option to add people to your album in Google Photos. After you have created an album you can form a link to that album. In this case, people will not be able to edit it, but they will have the opportunity to view your album. This is quite easy to do with the Desktop version of the service:
- On the main page of the service, in the side menu, select the album you want.
- Here you need to click on the Share icon at the top right of the window.
- Then just click on Create Link and then confirm your action.
- In the next window that pops up, click Сopy to copy the link to your album.
It’s pretty easy to do. Note that with this link anyone will be able to access your album, it will be untraceable. To access this link after creating it you just need to repeat the last steps, instead of the Create Link button will be the Copy Link button.
- How to make a slideshow from Google Photos
- How to remove a Google Account from Google Chrome on desktop, Android and iOS
- How to stop Google Photos from showing memories
How to stop sharing albums in Google Photo
If you want to stop shading your album, it’s also pretty easy to do. This can be done both from the mobile app and from the Desktop version. The actions will be about the same. Let me show you how to do it using the desktop version as an example:
- Select your album from the home page.
- Then in the album, you will see a list of people who have access to your album, and next to it is an icon with a paper clip, click on it.
- On the menu that pops up, click remove next to the people you want to exclude from the album and check the box next to Link Sharing to make your link stop working.
As you can see it’s pretty easy to do. After that, the people with the link and those who have been added to your album will lose access to it. Besides, you can remove also people who weren’t added by you, if you’re the owner of the album.