Snapchat is more often used to share pictures in real-time, which quickly disappear. That’s why not everyone knows and uses the function of downloading pictures from the gallery of the device. This function is available using different devices and the algorithm is almost the same.
Each time you download a photo from the gallery, the photo will be marked with a white frame and the original date. So you won’t be able to pass the photo off as if it was taken in real-time.
What to do to send pictures from the gallery to Snapchat?
More often than not, people post pictures on Snapchat taken at that moment. Without editing or adding any filters. However, there are situations when a photo needs it or you have saved it from some resource and want to share it. In that case, you can load the image on Snapchat after editing and follow these steps:
- The first step is to open the Snapchat app.
- Then select the ‘Camera’ section, which is located in the middle.
- Next, click on the picture icon.
- Then you need to select the ‘Camera Roll’ section.
- This will open all the pictures you have on your device. Only if you have allowed access to them by the app.
- Select the photo and click on the send icon in the lower right corner.
- After that, you need to select the option to send.
You can choose at this stage how you want to share the picture on Snapchat. Add to your story so all the people you interact with can see it or send it to someone in person.
- How to get someone off your best friends list on Snapchat
- What about fixing the Snapchat camera zoomed issue
- How to screenshot on Snapchat without getting someone knowing
What to do to send pictures from the gallery in Snapchat chat?
At the same time, you can share a photo from your gallery with your chat partner, that is, a photo taken at a different moment. There can be many situations when you need to use your photos saved on your device. Sometimes to prove something in a discussion, sometimes just to send how your day went. In such situations you need to follow some steps to load pictures from the gallery in Snapchat chat:
- The first step is to open the Snapchat app on your device.
- Next, click on the ‘Chat’ section.
- Then as the window with your chats opens, you can select the one you want or create a new one.
- After that, the chat window will open in front of you, click on the icon with pictures.
- From the list, select the desired image and click send.
After you click the icon, your photo will be uploaded to the chat room. Then your chat partner will be able to see it.
What to do if you can’t send an image on Snapchat?
Often there are situations where the app doesn’t work correctly. In such cases, there may be several reasons. However, one of the most common reasons why you can’t send an image on Snapchat is because the app has limited features. You just need to allow the Snapchat app to have access to your photos.
Because once the app loads, these notifications close the screen and people click on ‘No’ to get to use it faster. After doing this, you have to go to the settings of your device, scroll to the bottom and select the Snapchat app, then select ‘All photos’.
Also often it’s enough to update the app to solve the problem. Sometimes the app isn’t compatible with your system update. Update the app or uninstall it and download it again.
Check your internet connection, preferably connect to another access point to test sending. Sometimes your internet connection is too slow so the picture won’t send. It looks like a serious failure and the function doesn’t work at all. However, it’s enough to reconnect to another WI-FI and the problem should disappear.
Also, don’t forget about the system breakdowns. Quite often there is internal work on the part of the developers of social networking apps. So sometimes you just need to give some time to fix the problem.