Samsung 2021 TVs: The model number structure of Samsung TVs has not changed. What has changed, in the model number the 2021 TVs will have a new designation of the year of development, it is the letter A. Note that the letter A, was also used for 2008 TVs, but the format of the model number was slightly different, so it’s impossible to confuse the 2008 and 2021 TV models.
TV Samsung Model Number Explained
What do Samsung TV model numbers really mean? Let’s take a look at how Samsung assigns model numbers to its TVs, it’s quite simple and will allow you to easily navigate through the variety of TV models produced by Samsung. There are differences in the form of model numbers for QLED, Crystal and regular TVs, as well as another principle of model number formation have a special series of The Frame, The Serif, The Terrace, The Sero TVs from the LifeStyle line. A separate segment, commercial TVs.
The designation of TV model numbers has changed over time, until 2008, a very different construction of the TV model number was used, these are the old models of Samsung TVs. In 2008, a new principle of TV model numbering was introduced. The labeling is also periodically updated with the appearance of conceptually new TVs on the market. But the basic information in the model number has not fundamentally changed since 2008.
Samsung model number 2008-2020 what does the model number mean
What does Samsung TV model number mean? – It is the manufacturer’s code assigned to the TV, which is used to identify the TV. The model number contains information about which region the TV was produced for, in which year the TV model was developed and sales began, the screen type, the model number and the type of digital tuners. And also which series the TV set belongs to.
History of changes in Samsung TV model numbers
- 2002-2007 – designation of Samsung TV model number by the principle of division into type, flat TFT, plasma, kinescope.
- 2008 – introduction of a new type of designation of TV model number. The TV model number has information about the year of development, type of digital tuners, design.
- 2017-2018 – a new designation for QLED TVs has been introduced.
- 2018 – a new designation for special series TVs of The Frame type from the LifeStyle line has been introduced.
- 2019 – Change of TV model number in connection with the beginning of production of TV sets with 8K screens.
Commercial televisions, televisions for hospitals, televisions for hotels, have a completely different principle of assigning the model number. But since they occupy a rather small segment in comparison with TVs for consumers, we will not consider them yet.
Samsung TV model number lookup, how to find the model number of your Samsung TV
Yes quite an interesting question, not everyone knows how to find the model number of the TV, almost everyone knows that the model number of the TV can be found on the box, this is good when you have the original packaging. But if you need to find out the model number of your TV a few years after you buy it, of course, no one will keep the box from your TV for years. So finding the model number can become quite an entertaining task.
You can find the model number of your TV in several ways
- The easiest way, you can look up the model number of your Samsung TV in the TV menu
- Older Samsung TVs before 2016. To do this, go to settings. Open the Menu (press the menu button on the remote control)→ Support → Contact Samsung → the Model Code field will show the TV model.
- New Samsung TV models from 2016 onwards. Menu → Support → About this TV
- If you have access to the back of the TV, you can see the model number of the TV on the information label.
- Look at the model of the TV on the box (if you still have it) or look for the purchase receipt.
- You can also see the model of the TV in the service (engineering) menu
New model numbers, Samsung TVs 2017-2020 Full HD, UHD
In 2017-2018, the model number of the TV changed a little. The designation of the model number is unified and performed similarly to the designation of the model number of the QLED TV. Samsung installs a full set of tuners in TVs (depending on the standards adopted in the country). In connection with these, there is no need to identify the type of tuners installed.
Old Model Numbers, Samsung TVs 2008 – 2016 Full HD, UHD
Until 2017, LED TVs (Full HD and UHD) indicated which digital tuners were installed on the TV. There was also a division into the type of installed matrix and screen resolution. Since Samsung currently installs only two types of LED and QLED matrices in TVs and a full set of tuners, this marking is no longer used.
Let’s look at what the model number of the Samsung LED TV means and what technical parameters of the TV are reflected in the model number, for example, the 2020 model UN43TU8000FXZA
Decoding example of TV model number UN43TU8000FXZA Samsung
Where are Samsung TVs made
Make no mistake the first letters in the model number mean the region for which the TV was made, and not the country in which the TV was assembled.
- U – the symbol of the company’s product (TV), each Samsung product is assigned an individual letter. For Germany, televisions have the first letter G
- E – the region for which the TV was released on a global scale without reference to a specific country, in this case
- E – Europe
- N – America, Korea, in 2018 for Korea changed to letter Q
- A – Australia, Oceania, Asia, Africa, Eastern Countries
- Q – only for Germany and Korea, QLED TV
- 43 – screen size in inches, diagonally.
You can find out where the Samsung TV is made from the serial number. Or learn from the sticker, it is located behind the TV.
Samsung assembles TVs in the following countries.
Where are Samsung TVs manufactured? – Samsung TVs for the USA, Canada, Mexico and other countries of America are assembled in Mexico. Europe Samsung TV assembly plants are located in Slovenia, Hungary, Romania, televisions for Europe, the Middle East are produced in these countries. For Russia and the countries of the former USSR, TVs are produced in Russia. For Asia, Africa, Oceania, television sets are manufactured in Malaysia, Korea (production ceased in 2018), and China.
What was the labeling of televisions until 2008, you can learn from the section at the end of the article: Identification of old Samsung TV model numbers for 2002-2020
How do i tell what year my Samsung TV is
What year was my samsung tv made? You can recognize it by the letter that is in the model number after the diagonal size of the TV.
- T – the year the TV went on sale or the year of development, but more correctly the year of T-2020 sales start.
- A – 2021
- T – 2020
- R – 2019
- N – 2018
- M – 2017
- K – 2016
- J – 2015
- H – 2014
- F – 2013
- E – 2012
- D – 2011
- С – 2010
- B – 2009
- A – 2008
- U – the TV has a screen with UHD resolution
- 8 – TV series
- 5 – TV model, as a rule, the larger the number, the more functional the TV has
- 00 – TV design
What does FXZA mean on Samsung TV
- F – The type of digital tuner, depending on which standard is adopted in a particular country.
- F – ATSC/QAM standard US, Canada, Mexico
- U, K, T – DVB standard Europe
- G – Latin America
- X – Design
- ZA – region (country) for which the TV was made. ZA-US
Samsung TV model numbers identification QLED 2017-2020
Model number TV QLED Samsung 2019-2020 explained
Since 2019, Samsung has changed the labeling of QLED TVs, this is done to bring the LED and QLED TVs to the same standard. If we compare how QLED TVs are designated, we can note the addition of the generation model identifier of the TV model to the model number. In practice, it is rarely used, but it happens especially in transitional TV models. Also added one character for 8K resolution TVs
An example of decoding the model number of a Samsung TV on quantum dots in 2019 QN65Q900RBFXZA
- QN65Q – everything is clear here, this is the type of TVs on quantum dots. 65 is the diagonal size, Q once again it is specified that the TV with a screen on quantum dots.
- Q – TV with a screen made using quantum dot technology.
- N – Designed for the Americas
- 65 – screen size in inches
- Q – Quantum Dot TV.
Changes from previous QLED TVs
- The model number can be indicated by two or three digits, 900, there were modifications of televisions in the series. In Europe, the Q90R and Q95R TVs are assembled. In other series, modifications also appeared. For TVs with a resolution of 8K, three digits are highlighted. This distinguishes the marking of televisions with a resolution of 4K and 8K.
- Screen type designation, curved or flat, no longer applies. Perhaps Samsung will soon abandon the production of curved TVs.
- R – as for other TV models, means the year of development 2019.
- R – 2019
- T – 2020
- A – 2021
- A, B – two letters from 2019 mean the generation of the TV. For example, in the 900 series,
- A – the first generation of TVs did not have HDMI 2.1 ports
- B – HDMI ports of standard 2.1 are added and the remote control is replaced with the 2019 model.
- S – Special TV Series
- F-type digital tuner
- F – ATSC / QAM (USA, Canada)
- U – DVB (Europe)
- G – ISDB-T (Latin America)
- T – 2 x DVB
- X – TV design change
- ZA – two letters indicate the country for which the television is made.
Model number TV QLED Samsung 2017-2018
Decoder model number QLED TV Samsung
- Q – TV series
- N – region for which the TV is produced
- 65-screen size inches
- Q7 – repetition of the series designation, purely for marketing reasons
- C (F) -type TV curved or flat
- N – year of the beginning of sales
- A – type of applied backlight
- FXZA – an alphabetic designation, it is possible to determine for which country the TV is made, the type of digital tuners.
Samsung TV Model Number The Frame, The Serif, The Terrace, The Sero Series
TVs with an unusual design or features Samsung has singled out LifeStyle as a separate category. In this series there are TVs in the form of a picture, on high legs, a TV with a swivel screen and a TV for terraces.
Initially, televisions had a slightly different marking, for example, in 2017, UE65LS003AUXRU, but in 2018 the marking was changed, a letter was added indicating the year of development of UE65LS03NAUXXU. The designation of model numbers of LifeStyle TVs corresponds to the designation of LED and QLED TVs. Only code added to indicate the LifeStyle (LS) series, as well as the type designation of the TV
- 01 – The Serif
- 03 – The Frame
- 05 – The Sero
- T7 – The Terrace
How to check Samsung TV model
Sometimes Samsung makes it possible on their sites to check the TV’s serial number. But given the large number of TVs produced and the need to constantly keep the database up to date, this possibility is available only for a while.
Therefore, we recommend checking the model number yourself. To do this, see what year your TV model. See the date of production of the TV. If the model of the TV for example, 2019 in the model number of the TV should be the letter R.
Televisions in 2019 are collected in the period from the second quarter of 2019 to the second quarter of 2020. (04/01/2019 – 04/01/2020) a slight deviation of the production date by several months is possible.
2020 Samsung TVs
In 2020, most Samsung TVs are equipped with new dual-backlit screens. One LED is white, the second is blue. This visually improves image quality. Samsung has paid much attention to sound quality. Invented new technologies that improve the perception of sound.
2019 Samsung TVs
2019 in the marking of Samsung TVs used a new letter R which indicates that this model of TV development in 2019. If the model number on the place of the letter designating the year of development of the model is the letter R (see above), this model of the 2019 TV. Also from the designation of the model number of TVs on quantum dots, they replaced the letter that indicated which TV was flat or curved. Instead of letters, numbers are used. Perhaps this is due to the start of production of TVs with a resolution of 8K. QN82Q60RAFXZA – TV with 4K screen resolution, QN75Q900RBFXZA – TV with 8K screen resolution. And in 2019 there will be an upgrade of the labeling of televisions on quantum dots.
2018 Samsung TVs
Samsung retained the usual labeling of TVs, the year the model was developed, was designated by the letter N, the rest did not change. As expected, the Super series disappeared, it was transformed into a QLED series. In TV sets, compared to 2017, processors in the top-end TV sets of 9 and 8 will be improved.
QLED televisions, also the letter N is added to indicate the year of development of the TV.
2017 Samsung TVs
2017, Samsung decided to display TVs with screens on quantum dots in a separate series of QLED. And most likely the previously used designation S will no longer be used in the designation of TV models since 2017. The TVs themselves remained the same as in previous years, and of course there is an improvement in the processors for speeding up the TV and faster response to the commands, improving the methods of connection. So invented One Connect allows you to reduce the number of cables to the TV. But in general, TVs are the same as in 2016
2016 Samsung TVs
In 2016, the labeling of TVs remained the same as in previous years, only the letter indicating the year of model development and the start of sales changed.
Example decoding old model Samsung TV 2014
- U-LED lighting, LEDs are used. Uxxxxxxxxxx
- E–region to which TV is made of E-Europe, for example, for the United States N designation, UExxxxxxxxx
- 55- The figures for the first two letters, screen size in inches UE55xxxxxxx
- H– year TV H-2014. UE55Hxxxxxx
- U-indicates that the TV set screen resolution 4К UHD UE55HUxxxxx
- 9-TV series UE55HU9xxxx
- 000-modification UE55HU9000x
- T-indicates that some of the TV digital tuners 2 x DVB-T2 / C / S2 UE55HU9000T
Samsung TV model year codes
In 2012, the last digit in TVs example UE55EH7000x indicated a tuner installed if the last digit is 0, then the set T tuner, if 7 is installed T2 tuner (2012.) Since 2013, the availability of digital tuners denoted differently, one or the other tuners denoted by the letters at the end of the marking UE55F6650AB Europe
- 2014 in place of the presence of AB Tuner DVB-T2 / C / S2 were designated as AU
- AW-DVB-T / C
- AK-DVB-T2 / C
- AB-DVB-T2 / C / S2
- AT-2 x DVB-T2 / C / S2
In some European countries use a slightly different notation built-in digital tuners.
- SZ – indicates the presence of tuners -Tuner DVB-T2 / C / S2 x 2
- SD – indicates the presence of tuners -Tuner DVB-T2 / C / S2
- SS – DVB-T / C / S2
- SL – indicates the presence of tuners 2 x DVB-T / C / S2
Old Samsung TV model numbers for 2002-2007
Until 2008, Samsung TVs had a different label. In it, the characters in the model number had the following meanings.
LN -T4671FX / XA
- LN – Type designation of the TV.
- FP or HP – plazma
- LN – LCD
- HL – DLP
- TX – CRT
- T – TV model year
- T = 2007
- S = 2006
- R = 2005
- P = 2004
- N = 2003
- М = 2002
- 46 – TV screen size in inches diagonally.
- 71 – tv series
- F – resolution of the TV screen A – (Full HD, H -HD)
- X – design
- XA – sales region