What Samsung TV serial number means
Every TV that comes off the factory production line has a unique serial number. The purchaser of a new TV is not interested in the serial number. The country of manufacture and the date of manufacture are indicated separately on the information sheet which is usually placed on the back of the TV.
But in addition to the serial number there is information which is used by the service centers. This is information about what factory the TV was assembled, what manufacturer’s components are installed in the TV. For example, Samsung TV sets have screens made by Samsung, Sharp, BOE, and many other companies. The date the TV was assembled is detailed to the month. You can find out the exact date of manufacture in the service menu of the TV.
Samsung TV serial number lookup and Samsung TV model number lookup
How to find the Samsung TV serial number: You can find information about your TV in several ways, use the one that works best for you.
- So, the first place you can find the serial number is the information sheet attached to the back of the TV. At the factory, after the TV is assembled and inspected, if it is serviceable and ready for sale, several stickers are printed, one of which is the right size. This sticker has information about the serial number, model number, and revision number of your TV.
- The second place where there is information about your TV is the operating system of your TV. The serial number can also be found in the TV menu, this option of course will not work for you if your TV is faulty. To find the serial number of your TV do the following, the order of the search may vary slightly depending on the model of your TV, the year of manufacture.
- 2022 TV models: Menu > Settings > All Settings > Support > About this TV
- 2017 – 2021 TV models: Settings > Support > About this TV
- 2016 TV models: Settings > Support > Contact Samsung
- 2013 – 2015 TV models: Menu > Support > Contact Samsung
- Another place to find information about your TV’s serial number is the sticker on the packing box, but I don’t think you’ll keep a big box for years, but that’s individual, I have packing boxes of TVs in my attic at home. It’s even handy if you suddenly need to take your TV to be repaired, it can always be packed in a box. I also have a practice, after I’ve used electronic devices for 5-6 years, I sell the old TV and buy a new one. Here is the box in which I bought the TV, and came in handy.
Samsung TV serial number check
The serial number of Samsung TVs produced between 1990 and 2022 is a 15-character (letters and numbers) code that contains information about your TV. Let’s look at the serial number of your Samsung TV as an example to see what some of the characters mean. In a nutshell, the serial number consists of information about the component suppliers, a symbol indicating the type of device, the factory code where the TV was assembled, the date of manufacture and the serial number of the TV itself.
Samsung TV serial number explained
Samsung TV serial number decode (how to decode explained)
- ZAJ3 – TV model code, a factory code that contains information about the features of the TV (the codes of the suppliers of components for the TV assembly).
- 3 – the product code in this case the number 3 means that this product is a TV
How to find out where a Samsung TV is made
- S – the code of the plant on which the TV is assembled
- S – Slovenia
- H – Hungary
- 4 -Romania
- 1, 3 – Korea
- L – Russia
- W– China
- C – Mexico
- M – Malaysia
- E – The technical code pertaining to the plant (assembly plant code)
- D – year of manufacture, in this serial number is 2013
- C – month in which the TV was manufactured, this serial number is December
00652L – The serial number of the TV, by which the manufacturer can determine on which assembly line the TV was assembled and in which shift. The information is only of interest to the manufacturer for quality control of the TVs produced
How to know the assembly date of your Samsung 2022-2001 TV
|2006||A or L||June||6|
Production date code in the serial number
If you want to know how old your TV is, you can find two characters in the serial number of your Samsung TV (those are characters 8 and 9 in the serial number, counting from left to right). Use our table to find out how old your TV is.
Data Code Samsung
|year / month||January||February||March||April||May||June||july||August||September||October||November||December|
|code; year / month||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||A||B||C|
|1990||M||M 1||M 2||M 3||M 4||M5||M6||M7||M8||M9||MA||MB||MC|
How to check the serial number of your Samsung TV, Check the Samsung TV warranty
Check the serial number of your Samsung TV. There is no centralized service to check the serial number of your Samsung TV. Some countries may have local services to check the serial number, for example, in Canada there is a service to check the warranty by serial number, you can check the serial number here. Basically, I can explain why warranty verification is available in Canada if you read the warranty terms and conditions. Canada is a big country, sometimes it can be several hundred miles from the service center to where you live. That’s why it says in the warranty that the owner must deliver the TV with a diagonal over 43 inches to the service center themselves, the service centers do not provide transportation services for TVs.
Sometimes Samsung runs promotions to check the serial number, but this is very rare. This is due to a desire to fight the shipments of TVs intended for other regions. But it really doesn’t matter to Samsung, and it even reduces the cost of warranty service, because such TVs are not covered by the warranty, the warranty is only valid in the country for which the TV is manufactured.
If you read the article carefully, you can check the serial number yourself, knowing some nuances. For example, as of 2018, Samsung does not manufacture TVs in Korea. If you have questions you can write a comment and I will answer you.