What does GE model number fridge mean?
General Electric is an American company producing household appliances, including refrigerators. Like other manufacturers, refrigerators have a model number. Knowing what information the manufacturer reflects in the label, you can find out about the main technical characteristics of the refrigerator.
Although now the GE household unit is owned by the Chinese company Haier. Yes, GE completely abandoned the production of household appliances. Company General Electric has retained the right to the brand. Since 2016, household appliances manufactured at the GE factory in the United States have been manufactured by Haier. The US home appliance factory was also sold to Haier.
Briefly about models General Electric fridge
General Electric refrigerators have two types of model designation.
- Side-by-side or French-style refrigerators.
- Refrigerators with a booth at the bottom and a freezer at the top.
GE (General Electric) refrigerators model number type French door and side by side decode, exlained
Decode model number refrigerator GE on the example model PSB48YSKSS
Consider the example of the model designation refrigerator PSB48YSKSS
How to find out the line of GE refrigerators
- P – refrigerator series GE Profile™
- С – refrigerator series GE Café™
- G – refrigerator General Electric
How to find out the type of refrigerator GE
The second letter indicates the type of refrigerator, design features
- S, Z – side-by-side refrigerators, in these refrigerators the freezer is located on the side.
- Y, А – fridges of type french door, in the freezer drawers.
- W, N – Refrigerators without a dispenser have this label.
The third letter indicates the design features.
- B -built-in appliancesа
- E -ENERGY STAR® Refrigerator Series®
- D -a series of refrigerators with double doors of the door in door type.
How to find out the capacity of the GE refrigerator
48 – refrigerator volume in cubic feet
SKSS – the last letters indicate the color of the refrigerator.
- SHSS – stainless steel
- SKSS – stainless steel
- BLTS – black stainless steel
- MKES – gray with blue shimmer
- ELDS – black with blue tint
- GKBB, GLBB – black
GE (General Electric) refrigerators with freezer top and bottom model number decode, explained
Model designation for refrigerators with lower and upper freezer is different. In such refrigerators, the designation is as follows, consider the example of the model of the refrigerator GIE21GTHWW
G – the first letter indicates the product General Electric
I – indicates the type of refrigerator
- I – ice generator installed at the factory, fridge with top freezer.
- T – Top freezer
- P – built-in door handle, freezer on top.
- D – freezer bottom + Icemaker
- L – freezer bottom and has 2 drawers
- B – freezer bottom
E – Refrigerator series, ENERGY STAR® series or with reduced dimensions – S
21 – as with French door refrigerators, indicates the volume of the refrigerator in cubic feet.
G – changing the design and type of control of the refrigerator
THWW – refrigerator color, refrigerator handles, doors