You can easily enable subtitles on your Vizio TV. This is a very useful feature because it can help people who are hearing impaired or who are still learning or don’t fully understand a foreign language. After all, there is no better practice than listening to native speakers.
Subtitle control on most modern televisions, including Vizio televisions, is as simple as possible. Using the remote control buttons, you can change the state of the screen with a few taps. Well, if you want to turn on subtitles on your Vizio TV, here’s how you can do that.
How to turn on subtitles on Vizio TV via the settings menu
If you want to turn on subtitles on your Vizio TV via the settings menu – follow these steps:
- First, turn on your Vizio TV and press the “Menu” button on your remote control.
- After that, go to the “HDTV Settings” menu and select the “Closed Captions” option.
- Then, select “Digital CC” or “Analog CC”.
- Finally, just turn on the subtitles.
You can use subtitles on your Vizio TV whenever you want. They are easy to turn on depending on your preferences. Even if you understand a foreign language perfectly, some characters in shows and movies have strong accents or are just difficult to understand.
For these reasons, it seems wise to keep subtitles on. However, some people find subtitles distracting, which is also reasonable. Therefore, you can turn them off on Vizio TV.
How to turn on subtitles on Vizio TV using remote
If you want to turn on subtitles on your Vizio TV using the remote control, you just need to press a certain button. If you still have the original remote control of your Vizio TV, you can be sure that it has the so-called “CC” button.
Therefore, to enable subtitles, simply press the “CC” button on the remote control and they will appear. You should also know that the location of the “CC” button depends on the remote you’re using.
If you are using a universal remote, this button might not be there at all. Also, you can always reset your Vizio TV if the problems persist.
How to turn on CC for apps on Vizio TV
If you want to turn on CC for apps on your Vizio TV, you can follow these instructions:
- Just press the “CC” button on your remote control and subtitles will be enabled on your Vizio TV for apps.
- If you don’t have the “CC” button on your remote control, press the “Menu” button and go to the “Closed Captions” section.
- Now, just turn on the subtitles.
In some cases, you may need to adjust the closed captioning settings in the app itself. For specific instructions on how to use the app settings, you may need to contact the developer of the app.
- How to turn on subtitles on LG TV
- How to turn off subtitles on your Sceptre TV
- Why do you see closed captioning instead of subtitles on your Hisense TV
How to fully disable subtitles on Vizio TV
If subtitles bother you, you can always turn them off completely to make sure they don’t suddenly appear and prevent you from watching your favorite movies, shows, or sport events. So if you want to completely disable subtitles on your Vizio TV, follow these steps:
- Turn on your Vizio TV and press the “V” button on your remote control.
- Then, select the “Setup” option and press “OK”.
- After that, select “CC”.
- Finally, just turn off the subtitles and save changes by pressing the “Exit” button on your Vizio TV remote control.
Once you have completed these steps, you will completely turn off subtitles on your Vizio TV. As you can see, it’s not so complicated to turn off subtitles. You can also do it on your Sony TV.