LG TV remote control functions MR21, MR22 2021-2022
If you have an LG TV and a Magic remote control, I will tell you what the buttons on the remote control mean. You will be able to understand what each button means and what its function is.
You should know that the Magic remote controls your TV using infrared signals and Bluetooth. You can also program the remote to quickly access apps like Amazon or Paramount+ and customize the remote to your needs.
Buttons on LG Magic remote 2021-2022
Let’s look at remote controls AN-MR21 and AN-MR22
- Power is a button to turn the TV on or off using infrared signals.
- 0-9 is a button for entering numbers, also when pressed for a long time, it brings up a signal source or an application programmed to this button. Programmable via Quick Access. When watching TV channels works to select the channel number. 9** – you will access Quick Help.
- -/list – one short press can put a dash, such as dialing 1-5. A long press for 1-2 seconds will give you access to a list of stored channels or programs. A longer press will give you access to the TV program guide.
- 0/Quick Access – A long press on the 0 button opens programmable buttons 1-8 for quick access to applications or sources. Button 9 is permanently programmed for quick access to the assistant.
- … – three points, a short press opens additional remote control functions. For example, the Magic remote can be used to access the TV set-top box control and channel switching. To do this you must also turn on HDMI-CEC. AD/SAP**. A long press for about 2 seconds turns on the video/audio description function. (Depending on the country). Holding down the button for about 5 seconds turns on the SAP (Secondary Audio Program) function, if supported, you can switch to another broadcast language or audio track.
- +-(Vol) – decrease or increase the sound. Here everything is clear You can adjust the sound on the TV.
- ∧∨(Ch/P) switching channels
- Mute – mute the sound, long press brings up from the accessibility settings menu. Pressing a few 4-5 opens information about the TV and some settings Select menu item.
- Microphone – turn on the microphone, voice recognition, you can talk using the microphone built into the remote. You can use voice assistants or search for information on the Internet.
- Home – opens the main menu, long press loads the last opened application.
- Input – Changes the input source. Long press opens the main panel.
- Wheel (OK) – Press the center of the Wheel (OK) button to select a menu. You can use the button to switch channels or programs. A long press activates the purple pointer, which can be used as a mouse pointer.
- Control circle up/down/left/right). Press the up, down, left, or right buttons to scroll through the menus. If you press the buttons while the pointer is running, the pointer will disappear from the screen and the Magic Remote will work like a normal remote control. Shake the Magic Remote left and right so that the pointer reappears on the screen.
- Back – Goes back to the previous screen. A long press on the Back button. Clears the screen indicators and returns to the last input view.
- Settings – Accesses quick settings. Long press opens the All Settings menu.
- Colored buttons on the remote control – Accesses special functions in some menus. Long press on the red button – Depending on the country, it can be set to the following functions. Starts the recording function, starts the video streaming service and opens the user manual.
- 4 buttons for quick access to streaming services
- Button with – 4 colored circles – connects to Google Assistant,
- Button with a blue circle – connection to Alexa.
Сolor buttons on Magic remote
There are four colored buttons on the remote control, many people wonder why they are there and what they do. So LG explains that these buttons can be used in some sections of the menu. And this is indeed true, for example, they can be used in the Select a menu item. But in fact these buttons are hardly used now, you are free to make selections with the up, down buttons. They were originally created to control teletext. Then they were used for sub-menus in the settings if you had to make multiple selections. Now the buttons are more like an unnecessary but familiar element.
Program buttons on LG Magic remote
If you want, you can program 8 buttons for quick access to applications or the signal source. For example, if you like to watch Paramount +, you can program 1 for quick access to that app. And if you have a device that you watch video on, you can program a 2 button for quick access to the HDMI port you want.
To program buttons on the LG remote, press and hold 0 to open the Edit Quick Access menu.
Press OK to add the desired source, make your selection.
Confirm your selection.
You can now get quick access to the desired streaming service.
Some buttons, access to streaming services, may differ depending on the country for which the TV is made. But in general, the functionality of the Magic remotes is almost identical.