Sony TVs have a model number that contains information about the series and type of TV. The series is indicated by the letter after the screen size, the year of development of the TV is indicated by the letter at the end of the name or in the middle of the labeling.
The TV model class determines the letter after the screen size.
Class model defines the beginning of the letter designation R- TVs lower price segment and functional. W - mid-range TVs optimal parameters. S, X- televisions average premium level. The numbers after the letters refer to the TV series.
Sony TV models type
- R - TVs of the lower price segment and functionality.
- W - mid-range televisions.
- S, X - TVs premium level.
- Z - until 2017, this letter meant support for 3D images, but since 2019 this letter means 8K screen resolution.
Sony TV model number Europe since 2016.
Decoding Sony TV models number, Europe
- KD - means that this product is a TV, recently missed in the designation.
- 55 - screen size in inches, can also be omitted in the TV model designation
- X, R, W, S, A, Z - Class of the TV
How to find out what year Sony TV
what year is my tv? Find out what year your TV is quite simple, the year when the production of the TV began can be identified by the letter in the model number. Sony collects TVs of a certain model for one year from Q2 to Q2 of the next year. For example, the TV model KD-55XG9505 (this is the model of the year 2109) was produced from the 2nd quarter of 2019 to the 2nd quarter of 2020. The letter G means that this 2019 TV model.
- A-F - year of development model
- A - 2013
- B - 2014
- C - 2015
- D - 2016
- E - 2017
- F - 2018
- G - 2019
- 9 - TV series, not available in OLED TVs.
- 0 - model in the series
- 05 - design.
Designation Sony TV models number 2013-2019 North America, Europe 2013-2015 years.
In the designation of the TV model, the basic parameters of the TV set are laid, which helps a knowledgeable buyer to buy such a TV that will satisfy all desires.
Explain what the Sony Bravia TV model number means.
- 65 - at the beginning of the notation as usual the size of the TV screen in inches, although in the title of the series the size of the screen is missed.
- S, R, X, W, A, Z - letters denoting the class of the TV, originally there were 3 classes of TV sets, but then they were put into a separate line of 3D TVs and OLED TVs, now there are 5 classes of TV sets.
- 8 - TV series
- 0 - model in the series
- 05 - at the end of the designation stands the identifier of the TV design, it can be either one or two digits.
- A, B, C, D, E, F - year of development of the TV model.
2019 Sony, like other TV manufacturers, released a TV with 8K resolution support. Otherwise minor software improvements.
Sony decided to continue experiments with OLED TVs, purchasing screen matrices from LG, in 2018 a new model OLED TV set A8F, with a screen size of 55 and 65 inches.
In 2017, SONY does not invent over-fashion innovations compared to Korean manufacturers. Production of TVs in SONY on the verge of liquidity and for a long time does not bring a significant income. Hence, not the desire to spend on promotion of advertising companies. The TVs differ with a fairly good image quality, support for HDR, 4K and the operating system based on Android.
In 2016 the labeling of TVs changed for Europe, the letter designating the year of development and the beginning of sales were transferred from the very end of the marking to the middle. TVs differ in HDR support, as well as other manufacturers of TVs.
Issued the following models:
|R40C||R50C||W70C||W75C||W80C / W85C||X83C||X85C||X90C||X93C X94C|
models available R4, W600, W7, W8, W85, W95
S9, Х9, W9, W85, W8, W6, R5, R4 (R47, R42)
In 2012, the user is prompted with TVs in the name of the letter E, B, C, N, HX