Sony TVs are designated Class TV series and year.
Class model defines the beginning of the letter designation R- TVs lower price segment and functional. W - mid-range TVs optimal parameters. S, X- televisions average premium level. The numbers after the letters refer to the TV series.
Designation Sony TVs in Europe since 2016.
Designation Sony TVs in the 2013-2017 years of the United States and North America, Europe 2013-2015 years.In the designation of the TV model, the basic parameters of the TV set are laid, which helps a knowledgeable buyer to buy such a TV that will satisfy all desires.
- At the beginning of the notation as usual the size of the TV screen in inches
- Then the letter denoting the class of the TV, historically, that Sony offers TVs of three classes.
- Further follows for Europe the letter designating the year of the beginning of sales or the year of model development in models for Europe. TVs that are sold in the US and Canada are labeled slightly differently and the letter is moved to the end of the marking label.
- Then comes the number of the TV series.
- And at the end of the designation stands the TV design id.
In 2017, SONY does not invent over-fashion innovations compared to Korean manufacturers. Production of TVs in SONY on the verge of liquidity and for a long time does not bring a significant income. Hence, not the desire to spend on promotion of advertising companies. The TVs differ with a fairly good image quality, support for HDR, 4K and the operating system based on Android.
In 2016 the labeling of TVs changed for Europe, the letter designating the year of development and the beginning of sales were transferred from the very end of the marking to the middle. TVs differ in HDR support, as well as other manufacturers of TVs.
Issued the following models:
|R40C||R50C||W70C||W75C||W80C / W85C||X83C||X85C||X90C||X93C X94C|
models available R4, W600, W7, W8, W85, W95
S9, Х9, W9, W85, W8, W6, R5, R4 (R47, R42)
In 2012, the user is prompted with TVs in the name of the letter E, B, C, N, HX