Sony TVs are designated Class TV series and year.
Class model defines the beginning of the letter designation R- TVs lower price segment and functional. W - mid-range TVs optimal parameters. S, X- televisions average premium level. The numbers after the letters refer to the TV series.
Designation Sony TVs in Europe since 2016.
Decoding of the model designation of the TV Sony, Europe
- KD - means that this product is a TV, recently missed in the designation.
- 55 - screen size in inches, can also be omitted in the TV model designation
- X, R, W, S, A, Z - Class of the TV
- A-F - year of development of the TV model.
- 9 - TV series, not available in OLED TVs.
- 0 - model in the series
- 05 - design.
Designation Sony TVs in the 2013-2017 years of the United States and North America, Europe 2013-2015 years.In the designation of the TV model, the basic parameters of the TV set are laid, which helps a knowledgeable buyer to buy such a TV that will satisfy all desires.
- 65 - at the beginning of the notation as usual the size of the TV screen in inches, although in the title of the series the size of the screen is missed.
- S, R, X, W, A, Z - letters denoting the class of the TV, originally there were 3 classes of TV sets, but then they were put into a separate line of 3D TVs and OLED TVs, now there are 5 classes of TV sets.
- 8 - TV series
- 0 - model in the series
- 05 - at the end of the designation stands the identifier of the TV design, it can be either one or two digits.
- A, B, C, D, E, F - year of development of the TV model.
2018Sony decided to continue experiments with OLED TVs, purchasing screen matrices from LG, in 2018 a new model OLED TV set A8F, with a screen size of 55 and 65 inches.
In 2017, SONY does not invent over-fashion innovations compared to Korean manufacturers. Production of TVs in SONY on the verge of liquidity and for a long time does not bring a significant income. Hence, not the desire to spend on promotion of advertising companies. The TVs differ with a fairly good image quality, support for HDR, 4K and the operating system based on Android.
In 2016 the labeling of TVs changed for Europe, the letter designating the year of development and the beginning of sales were transferred from the very end of the marking to the middle. TVs differ in HDR support, as well as other manufacturers of TVs.
Issued the following models:
|R40C||R50C||W70C||W75C||W80C / W85C||X83C||X85C||X90C||X93C X94C|
models available R4, W600, W7, W8, W85, W95
S9, Х9, W9, W85, W8, W6, R5, R4 (R47, R42)
In 2012, the user is prompted with TVs in the name of the letter E, B, C, N, HX