The history of Sharp TVs from 2000-2019
Sharp Corporation in the TV segment in 2000 suffered a loss from sales of its televisions. Competition from Korean TV manufacturers has increased. In 2014, Sharp decided to sell its TV business to other companies. As a result, the Sharp brand (TVs only) was sold. Except Japan and some other countries.
Sharp did not sell commercial display factories.
Sharp brand televisions in Europe
In Europe, the rights to manufacture TVs under the Sharp brand were bought by the Slovak concern SKYTEC UMC Management s. r. o. including Sharp and sold his TV factory in Poland. At first, UMC Management was unable to properly master the release of new TV models. And the Sharp concept has changed regarding its brand. In 2016, Sharp decided to regain control of the Sharp brand for TVs. In 2016, Sharp and UMC entered into an agreement. Under this agreement, a controlling stake in UMC was sold to Sharp. Thus, Sharp regained control of its brand Sharp (TVs) region of Europe. Since 2017, the production of Sharp televisions for Europe has been carried out by SKYTEC UMC Management s. r. o. A separate site has been created to promote consumer products under the Sharp brand
Brand Sharp TVs America
The American continent, in 2015, trademark rights for Sharp TVs were sold to Hisense Chinese concern, including a plant in Mexico. Hisense began selling its Sharp TVs in America. In 2016, Sharp initiated a lawsuit against Hisense. Due to the low quality of televisions sold under the Sharp brand, which is detrimental to the image of the company. In 2019, an agreement was reached between Hisense and Sharp to return the Sharp brand in America and production facilities back to Sharp. Sharp plans to resume production of TVs for the American continent at the end of 2019.
Sharp brand TVs Asia
Sharp retained the production of TV sets for Asia (Japan, China and some other countries, such as the United Arab Emirates). Sharp TVs are sold under the Sharp AQUOS brand. differ from TVs manufactured by other companies under license in that they install Sharp production screens. Because of this, their price is higher than that of other manufacturers.
Sharp TV Model Number 2019
In 2019, Sharp TVs received new model numbers. Which with slight variations will be applied to all Sharp TVs regardless of the region. This is the company’s policy of reverting to the unified brand and quality management of Sharp TVs.
An example of decoding the model number of Sharp TVs for 2019
- 4T – TV screen resolution
- 8T – 8K
- 4T – 4K
- 2T – Full HD
- T – HD
- C – LED TV
- 65 – screen size diagonal inches
- BJ3 – a TV series, in each series there are some features sound quality screen type, etc.
- EF2NB – tuner type and design
TV models Sharp AQUOS Japan
Sharp TV model number 2015-2018 decode
This is one of the types of model numbers used by Hisense for Sharp TVs. Why for TVs Sharp used two types of model numbers. It depends on which factories make the assembly of TVs Mexico or China.
- LC – TV
- 55 – size screen
- N – year
- Q – 2018
- P – 2017
- N – 2016
- 7000 – series
- U – country for sale TV
Sharp TV model number 2015-2018 decode explained Europe
Decoding example, Sharp TV model numbers LC-55CUG8462KS
- LC – It means that the product belongs to the TV
- 55 – inch screen size
What is the matrix in a Sharp TV
- С – type matrix screen on TV, From 2017 this does not apply in the model number.
- С – LED телевизор,
- S – 3D support,
- Х – screen with 4 colors RGBW (red, green, blue, white).
This designation was applied until 2017. Not used since 2017.
- U – Screen resolution in this case, UHD or 4K
- U – UHD
- F – Full HD
- H – HD
What year my TV Sharp
- G – year model development, but even more correct release number. Sharp unlike other manufacturers to produce a model of the TV for several years, and for example at the beginning of 2016 have been released TVs with the letter F, and in the second half of the model with the letter G.
- I – 2018
- G – 2016-2017
- F – 2015-2016
- E – 2014-2015
- 8 – series
- 46 – model in the series
- 2 – type tuners in TV
- K – region for which released the TV, such as K – means that the TV is released in Ireland or the UK, it has support service broadcasting Saorview Ireland or support similar service Freeview HD for the UK.
- S – S frame color screen – Silver.
Decode Sharp TV model number from 2015
Decode Sharp TV model number until 2015 (This TV is made by Sharp (Japan)
Decode old models Sharp TV until 2015
- LC–code assigned by the manufacturer to indicate that the product belongs to the class televisions.
- 60–screen size inches LC-60ххххххх
- L–LCD LC-60Lхххххх
- 8–series LC-60LЕ8хххх
- 5–year development LC-60LЕ85ххх
year development LC-60LЕ857RU,