Samsung refrigerator models which means explained
The model number of the Samsung fridge is not just a number, the model number contains information that will help the buyer make a choice. For example, by the model number you can find out the type of refrigerator, in which year the refrigerator model was developed, for which country the refrigerator was manufactured. The color of the fridge.
Types of Samsung Refrigerators
Samsung offers several types of refrigerators,
- with a freezer bottom,
- with a freezer at the top, but such refrigerators are not sold in all countries.
- refrigerators with a freezer compartment on the side side by side (in some countries) such refrigerators are called, American type refrigerators or family refrigerators.
- many door refrigerators, such refrigerators have doors more than two, also such refrigerators are called French Door (French door).
Decode model number Samsung refrigerators 2012-2019
In the labeling of refrigerators, the manufacturer indicates information about the type of refrigerator, its volume, type of control (although this information is of no practical use), the color of the refrigerator and the country for which this refrigerator is manufactured.
Sample decoding model number Samsung refrigerator
- В – first letter, indicates that the refrigerator is built-in
- R – refrigerator, means that this product is a refrigerator
- S – type of refrigerator,
- S-Side-by-Side freezer on the side;
- B, L-freezer from below;
- T-freezer from above;
- H-Side-by-Side freezer on the side and a double door (an additional door with glass, lets you see that in the refrigerator without letting out the cold;
- F-four-door refrigerator;
- R-refrigerator with one door.
- 68 – Approximate volume of the refrigerator (for countries using the metric system of calculation in liters, in the US, Canada and a number of other countries that use the English system in cubic feet).
How to find out what year my fridge is
Clarification is not the year when the refrigerator was assembled at the factory. This is the year when the model was developed, can produce a refrigerator for 5 years.
- N – year of development,
- J -2015
- 8 – series
- 670 – indicates the type of control and design of the refrigerator (the presence of handles, dispenser)
- S9 – color of refrigerator
- EU – the last two letters, the country for which the refrigerator is made. Since a compressor is installed in the refrigerator for a certain voltage, it is important that the refrigerator gets to the country for which it was made.
Also released several models of refrigerators in which did not specify the volume for example RSA1SHVB1, RF24HSESBSR or RSG5UUMH1, these refrigerators were positioned as a series of A1, G5, 24. In the refrigerators of these series, some one feature was elevated to the rank of advantage, although refrigerators of other series also had this function, (marketing move).
The color range of refrigerators is very diverse, each year there are new shades, for acquaintance in the table are collected the most common colors of refrigerators.
How to find out what color the refrigerator
|RS, SR, US||Stainless steel||RL63GABRS|
|BG, 2C||Black glass||RSH5SLBG|
|WG, 1L||White glass||RL55TTE1L|
|SW, WW, WP||White||RL59GYBSW|
|PS, TS, SA, SH||Silver||RB38J7761SA|
|PN, IH, IS, SS, S8||INOX (imitates stainless steel)||RSH5SBPN|
|SL||INOX 2 (imitates stainless steel)||RL55TEBSL|
|5K||Steel under glass||RL57TTE5K|
|1J||White under glass||RS552NRUA1J|
|5H||Steel under glass with engraving||RS844CRPC5H|
|XW||Stainless steel with engraving||RF905QBLAXW|
|2B||Black glass with rhinestones||RS844CRPC2B|