What do LG refrigerator model numbers mean?
The labeling of LG refrigerators for the United States and Canada differs from the label used in other regions. The labeling of LG refrigerators for the USA and Canada contains the main characteristics, which helps the buyer to decide on the choice of the necessary model of the refrigerator. The model number contains basic information about the refrigerator, the type of refrigerator and the number of doors, depth, internal volume of the refrigerator in cubic feet, as well as the color of the refrigerator.
The figure explains what basic information can be found by studying the model designation of the refrigerator LG
Decode model numbers LG refrigerator 2016-2019
Which means LG fridge model number explained
- L – indicates that this product is a LG refrigerator, in some countries also uses the letter G.
- F – indicates the type of refrigerator and the number of doors.
- F – 3 doors, freezer bottom
- T – fridge with top freezer.
- B, D – refrigerator with two doors and a bottom freezer (D – wide)
- N, U – fridge with 4 doors.
- M – refrigerator with two doors and two drawers.
- S – two doors, side freezer
- X – availability of ice and water dispenser.
- С – reduced refrigerator depth, S – standard depth
- 22– refrigerator volume in cubic feet
- 596 – refrigerator model, control type, etc.
- S – color of the refrigerator, mainly 4 colors are used
- S – stainless steel
- D – black stainless steel
- M – brushed black stainless steel
- W – white
Note that the line of refrigerators LG is not updated every year, so the model number does not have an identifier for the year of development of the refrigerator. You can determine when the refrigerator was made only by the information plate or by the serial number of the LG refrigerator.