If you are interested in LG model numbers for the USA and Canada, you should read the article LG refrigerator model number decode, explained United States, Canada 2016-2022
LG fridge model number which means
LG refrigerators, like all appliances, have a model number. You should be aware that a refrigerator model may be manufactured for several years. An unsuccessful model is usually discontinued after 2 to 3 years. A successful model may be available for much longer, 5 to 6 years. The model number of your refrigerator contains information about the main features of your refrigerator.
Particulars of LG refrigerator model number for different countries
Model numbers vary depending on the country for which the refrigerator is manufactured. For example, in the US, it is customary to indicate the refrigerator volume in cubic feet and this information is included in the model number. In Europe, the volume of the refrigerator is not listed in the model number – this information is listed separately in the refrigerator description. In Australia, it is customary to indicate the volume of the refrigerator in liters and this information is included in most numbers.
Decode model number refrigerator LG 2019-2023
As of 2019, LG has slightly changed the model number structure of the refrigerator, this was done to standardize the model number. These changes affect refrigerators for Europe and some other countries for which such numbers are used. The model number now shows which line of refrigerators it belongs to, which series, and other parameters. Take the model number of the GBB61BLJEC refrigerator as an example
- G – Indicates that this product is an LG refrigerator. It most likely comes from the name of the LG-Group company. In some countries, the first letter is L; in Europe, the letter G is used.
- B – A range of refrigerators, the appliances in one refrigerator range have certain design features.
- B – In different countries, refrigerators can be assembled into a range under different names. In the UK, these are Tall Fridge Freezers. In Germany, it’s a combination fridge-freezer; in Spain, the Netherlands, it’s a combination fridge-freezer. But you should be aware that these are tall fridges with a bottom freezer compartment. These refrigerators are up to 2 metres high.
- T – Two-compartment refrigerator with top freezer compartment.
- S – Side-by-side or American-style refrigerators. These refrigerators have two large doors – one half is a fridge and the other a freezer.
- M – Multi Door Fridge Freezer, refrigerators with more than two doors. They are usually refrigerators with 4 doors.
- L – The refrigerator has one door, with the door handle on the left-hand side.
- F – The refrigerator has one door and the door handle is on the right-hand side.
- B – LG refrigerator series. The series of TVs are usually technical features of refrigerators.
- A, B, P – These symbols are used for refrigerators with a bottom freezer compartment.
- F – Refrigerator with bottom freezer compartment and dispenser.
- X – American or Multi Style Fridge Freezers +InstaView Door-in-Door+ Ice Dispenser
- L – American or Multi Style Fridge Freezers +Ice Dispenser
- J – American or Multi Style Fridge Freezers + Door-in-Door+Ice Dispenser
- Q – American or Multi Style Fridge Freezers no dispenser
- 61 – the model of the refrigerator, differences in the control system or other technical differences.
- BL – fridge colour
- JEC – the design, number and positioning of the shelves of the food drawers and so on.
Decode model number refrigerator LG 2016-2019
LG refrigerator model numbers explained 2017-2019
Decipher the example of the model LG GBB60PZGFB refrigerator.
And we will determine what specifications you can find out by the model number.
- G – Indicates that this product is an LG refrigerator. It most likely comes from the name of LG-Group company. In some countries, the first letter is L; in Europe and some other countries, the letter G is used.
- B – Producing country. This indicates which country or region the refrigerator was manufactured for. But this is not the country in which the refrigerator is assembled.
- B -Europe
- R – Korea
- N – Indonesia
- C, S – China
- A – Russia
Indicates the type of refrigerator.
- В, P – Bottom freezer or side
- F – Bottom freezer + Water Dispenser
- X – American Style Fridge Freezers +InstaView Door-in-Door+ Ice Dispenser
- L – American Style Fridge Freezers +Ice Dispenser
- J – American Style Fridge Freezers + Door-in-Door+Ice Dispenser
- M – American Style Fridge Freezers + Door-in-Door
- 60 – refrigerator model (may consist of 3 digits).
- PZ – Finish (Door) color
- GFB – The last two or three letters in the designation of the LG model designate a design change. As a rule, the number of shelves, their type, the placement of shelves on the doors of the refrigerator