What are the TCL TV series
Overview of TCL TVs
TCL is one of the largest television manufacturers in the world. It has its own factories for the production of LED panels for TVs. But TCL produces mainly low-cost TV models, they are not very expensive, which attracts many buyers. But in technical capabilities they are inferior to the leading manufacturers of TVs LG and Samsung. There is no unified policy in designating model numbers and it is very difficult to understand which year a TV model belongs to. For different regions, their own designations of TV model numbers are used. Perhaps this approach will change after the launch of a new factory for the production of television screens. A new factory in China began operations in May 2019 and is focused on the production of large screens from 50 inches.
TCL TVs Europe 2019
For Europe, televisions have their own model number designations. So in Europe, TCL offers the next line of TVs.
- EP68 – TVs with UHD screens, pseudo 10 bit (8 bit + FRC) maximum frame rate of 60 per second. The operating system is Android 9.0 PIE. CPU 4 cores. Includes 2 remote control RC802N6 + RC802V4. 2019 release
- EP66 – one RC802N6 remote control differs from EP68, perhaps the screen is slightly worse. UHD resolution, 60Hz, OS Android 9.0 PIE. 2019 release
- EP64 – central processor 2 cores, remote control RC802N3. OS Smart TV3.0. Pseudo 10 bit screen (8 bit + FRC) 2019 release
- ES56 – TVs with Full HD 32-40 inch screens 8 bit screens. OC Android 8.0 Oreo. 2018 release
- ES58 – TVs with HD screens 32-40 inches screens 8 bits. OC Android 8.0 Oreo. 2018 release
- C76 – TVs with UHD screens, pseudo 10 bit (8 bit + FRC) maximum frame rate of 60 per second. The operating system is Android 9.0 PIE. CPU 4 cores. Includes 2 remote control RC602S1 + RC802N1. It features a built-in soundbar.
TCL Televisions North America
If you look at the models of TVs that are offered in the USA and Canada, you will notice an attempt to systematize the model of TVs. By series and screen size. TCL offers 5 series of TVs in 2019. What unites all TCL TV models for North America is the use of the Roku TV platform as an operating system.
TCL TV Series 2019 North America
3 series of TVs TCL (s32)
Series 3 are entry-level televisions with a screen diagonal of 32 to 49 inches. HD or Full HD screen resolution. No local dimming, TVs do not support HDR, the maximum supported frame rate is 60 per second. The color depth is 8 bits.
4 series of TVs TCL (s42)
In 4 series, 4K resolution screens, but no local dimming. Added support for HDR10. The maximum frame rate is 60 per second. Entry-level televisions with screen sizes from 43 to 75 inches. Color depth 8 bit + FRC.
5 series TVs TCL (s52) Premium Picture
5 series TCL televisions with screens of 43-65 inches. Installed improved screen matrix. Local illumination is applied. HDR format Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG. The matrix of the screen supports 120 frames per second and a color depth of 8 bits + FRC. Compared to TCL 4 series televisions, the screen is slightly better but the price of the TV is higher.
6 series of TVs TCL (R62)
The installation of a more powerful processor and the use of nano-materials screens in the TV are claimed. QLED screen. The color depth is 10 bits, the backlight is divided into zones. TVs with screens of 55.65 inches, plans to begin production of TVs with a screen of 75 inches.
8 series TCL TVs (Q82)
In the 8 series of TCL TVs, screens are installed in which the backlight is made with mini LEDs, there are quite a lot of them and thanks to this, you can control the screen backlight quite on small areas of the screen. Such screens are more expensive to manufacture and TVs of the 8th series are 800-1000 dollars more expensive than the similar-sized TVs of the 6th series.
TCL Televisions Australia, New Zealand
For Oceania, Australia, New Zealand and other countries in the region in 2019 TCL introduced the following series of televisions.
- X7 – 55 and 65 inch TVs. UHD resolution with Quantum Dot elements, HDMI ports 1.4 and 2.0 standard. Color depth 10 bits (8 bits + FRC) 60 frames per second. The X7 TV is a mix of 2016-2018 models.
- C8 – TVs 55, 65, 75 inches. UHD resolution with elements of Quantum Dot but worse than in the X7 series. Color depth 10 bits (8 bits + FRC) 60 frames per second. Analog X7 but with worse screens.
- P8M – 43, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75.85 inches. UHD resolution with Quantum Dot elements. The color depth is 10 bits (8 bits + FRC) 60 frames per second, this series is distinguished by screens that are worse in technical characteristics than in C8 and X7.
- P8S – 55 and 65 inches UHD resolution, analogue of P8M, screen without Quantum Dot technology, 8bit color depth, 60 frames per second.
- E19US – 55 inches UHD resolution, screen without Quantum Dot technology, 8bit color depth, 60 frames per second. The difference is the type of screen.
- S68 – 40.43.49 inches Full HD screen, without Quantum Dot technology, 8bit color depth, 60 frames per second. The difference is the type of screen. There is a model of 32 inches in it HD screens, by modern standards there are few pixels, but the price is very attractive.