The users of the ESPN app use it mainly for streaming live sporting events. The users of this app can also stream various online games. Moreover, an additional feature called ESPN Plus is available to the users of the ESPN app. Users will learn how to add ESPN Plus on Vizio Smart TV in the following sections. Users can access these ESPN Plus features on the ESPN app by following the given steps.
ESPN+ is a standalone streaming service where you can watch live UFC, Major League Soccer, documentaries, original programming and more. This service is accessible through ESPN’s main website and mobile app, but is not tied to any cable or satellite service. That means you don’t need a cable subscription to subscribe to ESPN+, and you won’t have access with a cable subscription.
To add ESPN+ on Vizio TV
If the most convenient way for you is to add ESPN+ on Vizio TV via the App Store, you should follow the instructions mentioned in the following section:
- The first thing you should do is turn on the Vizio Smart TV.
- After that, you should connect your Vizio Smart TV to WiFi.
- Then tap the “V” button located on the TV remote control.
- Since then, you can access the app bar.
- After that, you should go to the Yahoo TV Store or the CTV Store. Besides, it depends on the models.
- Then click “OK” to open the app store.
- Next, you should select the ESPN app.
- After that, you should highlight the ESPN app and tap “OK”.
- Then tap the “Install App” button.
- To complete the process and confirm the installation, you should click “OK”.
The user can see the application in the access bar.
If the most convenient way for you is to add ESPN+ on Vizio TV with the USB, you should follow the instructions mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should get the APK file of the ESPN app from a trusted source.
- After that, you should download this APK file of ESPN app to the USB drive.
- Then connect the USB port to the Vizio Smart TV.
- Next, you should open the “My Files” app on Vizio Smart TV.
- After that, you should find the APK file of ESPN Plus app and then tap “Install”.
- To complete the process, you should open the app.
Since then, you can use the installed ESPN app on Vizio Smart TV.
The app is equipped with various helpful features, which are presented below:
- You can access 5 streams at the same time.
- The app gives you the ability to view and use high-definition video (60 frames per second).
- You also have the option to choose a free 7-day trial.
- While using the app, international and local channels are also available.
- It is also possible to pause, rewind and even restart the live videos in the app.
- You have the option to access ESPN originals.
- The app can be used on the basis of subscription packages.
If you want to use Smart Cast to stream ESPN+ on Vizio Smart TV, the process is not as difficult as you might think. To do that, you should follow the instructions mentioned in the following section:
- First of all, you should take the Android or iOS device and Vizio Smart TV in addition.
- After that, you should download the ESPN app to an Android or iOS device.
- Then you should install the Vizio Smartcast app on Android or iOS devices.
- Next, you should turn on the Vizio Smart TV.
- After that, you should open the ESPN app on an Android or iOS device.
- Next, you should click on the “Cast” icon that you can find at the top of the screen.
- To complete the process, you need to select the name of the Vizio Smart TV.
Users can view the Android or iOS device screen simultaneously with the ESPN app screen.
If you want to access the ESPN+ service through the ESPN app, you should follow the instructions displayed in the following section:
- First of all, you should download the “ESPN App” to the available device.
- After that, you should log in to the app with the subscription package.
- Make sure the app is up to date before you use it.
- Since then, ESPN+ is displayed on the screen.
- Then you should tap ESPN+.
- After that you should select a video that is available on ESPN+.
- Since then, the app will prompt you to “subscribe” to the ESPN+ service.
- After that, you should log in with your existing ESPN ID.
- In addition, it is also possible to create a new account.
This also allows you to see how the device accesses the ESPN+ service, instantly in the ESPN app.