In 2019, Samsung released a new remote control for its televisions. In total, in 2019, four types of remote controls are provided for televisions.
- TM1950c – for TVs on quantum dots (black remote)
- TM1950c – for The Frame Series TVs (white remote)
- TM1950a – For UHD TVs (black remote)
- Series The Serif
About the Samsung Smart Remote control (QLED and SERIF TVs) TM1950c
TM1950c remote control for TVs in 2019 (such TVs in the designation of the model number of the TV have the letter R, this indicates that the model of the TV in 2019). The TM1950c are compatible with QLED series and The Frame series TVs.
You can ask why in the illustrated figure of the remote control TM 1950C the bottom row of control buttons is jammed. We explain, these buttons are designed for quick access to certain programs on the TV, for example, in the USA, these buttons have fixed quick access to Netflix, Hulu, Prime video. The value of these buttons on the remote control may change, depending on the country for which the TV is made.
For The Serif series TVs, the remote control is similar, only silver, in the specification to the TV, the manufacturer indicates the TM1950c remote control is only white.
About the Samsung Smart Remote (UHD TV) TM1950A
TM1950A remote control Samsung a comes with UHD resolution televisions. Compared to the TM1950c, a slightly different button layout. But in general, the functionality is very similar.
About the Samsung Smart Remote (THE FRAME) TM1950a
Remote control for The Frame series TVs is the same as for UHD series TVs (white)
The purpose of the buttons in the remote control TM1950c
- (Power): Press to turn the TV on or off
- (Color / Number button): Each time you press this button, the colored buttons window and the virtual numeric pad are displayed alternately.
- Use these colored buttons to access additional options specific to the feature you are using.
- When pressed, a number strip appears on the bottom of the screen. Select numbers and then select Done to enter a numeric value. Use to change the channel, enter a PIN, enter a ZIP code, etc.
- Select: Selects or runs a focused item. When pressed while you are watching content, detailed program information appears.
- Return: Returns to the previous menu. When pressed for 1 second or more, the running function is terminated. When pressed while you are watching a program, the previous channel appears
- (Play/pause): When pressed, the playback controls appear while the media content is playing
- (Smart Hub): Returns to the Home Screen.
- (Bixby): Runs Bixby. Press and hold the button, say a command, and then release the button to run Bixby. When you press the button, the Explore Now menu appears at the bottom of the screen. [ Keep the remote more than 0.6 inches (15.24 mm) from your face when using and speaking to Bixby through the mic on the remote. • For more information about Bixby, refer to Smart Features > Using Bixby in the e-Manual.
- (Ambient Mode): In TV mode, press this button to enter Ambient Mode. If you press the button when the TV is completely turned off, the TV turns on in Ambient Mode. • For more information about the Ambient Mode, refer to Smart Features > Using the Ambient Mode in the e-Manual
- Directional pad (up/down/left/right) Moves the focus and changes the values seen on the TV’s menu.
- VOL (Volume) Move the button up or down to adjust the volume. To mute the sound, press the button. When pressed for 1 second or more, the Accessibility Shortcuts menu appears.
- CH (Channel) Move the button up or down to change the channel. To see the Guide screen, press the button.
- bottom row of buttons: Launches the app indicated by the button