What do the letters and numbers in the model number of a Samsung washing machine mean
Samsung washing machines have model numbers, from the model number of the washing machine you can learn the main parameters of the device and the year of development. But in some countries it is more common to designate washing machines with a simplified name, which indicates only the series of the washing machine, for example, washing machine WW6500, WW7500. But you should know that washing machines presented in such a designation on the website of the store, still have the full model number.
Where can I find the model number of a Samsung washing machine
The model number can be found in several ways:
- Do you still have the documents for the washing machine issued by the store. Look in the documents, especially in the warranty sheet will indicate the model of the washing machine.
- If you bought a washing machine in an online store you can see the purchase history, there you can find the model number.
- The model number of the Samsung washing machine is indicated on the information sticker located on the washing machine.
We will tell you in more detail where you can find the model number of your washing machine. Since the washing machine is quite heavy and can be installed stationary, the manufacturer thought of that. There are two stickers on the washing machine with the model number and the serial number.
- The first sticker with the information is taped to the back of the washing machine. But if access is not possible, you can use the second method.
- The second sticker is glued under the door to load the laundry. If you have a top-loading washing machine, most likely the washing machine has only one sticker, on the back of the washing machine.
The main parameters laid down in the model number of the washing machine Samsung:
- type of washing machine, there are several options, front-loading, top-loading, drying, combo, all differences are marked with the appropriate letter.
- measurement of the amount of laundry that can be washed at one time, in Europe this parameter is commonly denoted by the weight of the laundry in kg, in North America, the volume of the tank in cubic feet.
- The development year of the washing machine model, is denoted by the appropriate letter A-2021, T-2020, R- 2019, N-2018, M-2017, K-2016, J-2015, H-2014, F-2013. Do not be confused with the year of manufacture, the washing machine model can be produced for several years and buying a washing machine with the year designation K-2016 year, it may well be that such a washing machine was produced in 2018.
- Series of the washing machine, the higher the number, the more technology is used in the washing machine.
- Spin speed (maximum) in all washing machines, you can set the desired spin speed, below the stated.
- Design, it comes down mainly to the color of the washing machine and the color of the door, in some types of labeling may stipulate the modification of the electronic control.
- The country for which the washing machine was produced. For more details on the country designation for which the washing machine was produced, see the end of the article.
Model numbers of Samsung washing machines explanation
Below is a picture where you can visually understand what the model number of the washing machine Samsung.
There are several labels for washing machines, in the presented labeling the first two types are used in Europe, Africa , Asia. The third type is in the Americas.
Samsung washing machine model number decoding, example
- WW – washing machine WD – washing machine with dryer.
- 80 – maximum weight of laundry for washing 50-5kg, 60-6kg, 70-7kg, 80-8kg, 90-9kg, 112-11.2kg
How to find out what year the washing machine Samsung
- J is the year the model was developed. It is not the production date, but the year in which the washing machine went into production. Washing machines of one model can be produced for 3 years, and especially successful models even more. If you need to know the specific date of manufacture should look at the serial number in it has information about the date of manufacture. This principle of marking the year of manufacture of household appliances is also used in other Samsung products.
- B – 2022
- A – 2021
- T – 2020
- R – 2019
- N – 2018
- M – 2017
- K – 2016
- J – 2015,
- H – 2014
- 5- series washing machine, the higher the series the more functions the technique has, for example, a 5 series washing machine 7 programs, 8 series has 15 programs, and 9 feature soaking and automatic cleaning.
- 4 – number of maximum rotations for spinning
- 8 – 800,
- 0 – 1000,
- 2 – 1200,
- 4 – 1400 rpm
- 6 – 1600.
- 10 – design
- G – door color
- W – color of the washing machine body
How to know what country the Samsung washing machine is made for
- PL – region for which the washer is manufactured LP-CIS, EU-Europe. This is the information for which country the washing machine is made. And in which country the washer is assembled you can find out from the serial number.
- EU – UK
- EF – France
- EC – Spain
- EO – Poland
- EP – Portugal
- ET – Italy
- EG – Germany
- SA – Australia, New Zealand
- SH – Hong Kong
- SP – Singapore
- ZA – South Africa
- US – USA
- A1-A5- Canada
- AX – Mexico
- AZ – Brazil
- AH – Turkey
- LP – Russia
- LE – Slovenia
Before 2013, washing machines had a different designation. Since 2014, the Samsung washing machine model number designation has been unified. Samsung has streamlined the model numbers of its products.