Object Tracking Sound, abbreviated to OTS, was first introduced in 2020 for the QLED series of premium TVs. This technology works on a software level.
Object Tracking Sound is a technology of surround sound in Samsung TVs, namely tracking the movement of objects on the screen and accompanying the movement of the sound change. To put it simply, for example, the TV screen shows a movie in which there is a scene with a car, the car moves from right to left, so you will first hear the sound on the right and as the car moves across the screen the sound will move with the car.
Object Tracking Sound vs Object Tracking Sound+ vs Object Tracking Sound pro
First two modifications of Object Tracking Sound and Object Tracking Sound+ were announced, in 2021 a new version of Object Tracking Sound pro for premium NEO QLED TVs was released. Note that the modification of the technology depends on the class of the TV.
- Object Tracking Sound – used in lower class TVs, can be used in TVs with 2.1 format acoustics. You can say that this is a simplified version.
- Object Tracking Sound + is used in TVs that have the number of speakers can support 5.1 format acoustics in TVs is the format of acoustics 4.2, 4.2.2, 4.1.2.
- Object Tracking Sound pro – modification of 2021, will be used in the new NEO QLED premium TVs
How Object Tracking Sound Works
The main purpose of this technology is to improve the sound on your TV. To do this, the following scenarios are applied. Yes note that such technology without +, is applied in lower class TVs with two speakers and a subwoofer.
- Tracking every movement on the screen, of course, is marketing. Imagine, you not only need to track the movement on the screen, but you also need to understand if the moving object is making sound or not. The TV does not have this kind of computing capability. Everything works much easier, if the TV screen plays video with sound format 5.1. This codec Dolby or DTS, in addition the sound is analyzed by channels such as front, side and rear, although the TV and does not have as many speakers located in accordance with the specifications of these standards, but a special algorithm sound is adjusted to the existing speakers and subwoofer, this makes the sound more spacious.
- If the TV shows video with sound in stereo format, the algorithm is simplified, there are no additional channels for sound processing.
How Object Tracking Sound + works
Object Tracking Sound + is used in TVs with more speakers, such as the Q800T series. This TV supports 4.2.2 sound format, 6 speakers and 2 subwoofers. The speakers are not only placed at the bottom but also on the sides and top of the TV.TV supports sound format 5.1 and 7.1 If you demonstrate a video with sound format 5.1, then creates a surround sound, sound channels are used for processing. If you receive a video with sound in stereo format, then according to the algorithm prescribed in the program additionally work the speakers on the sides and above. This creates more surround sound.
How Object Tracking Sound pro works
Object Tracking Sound pro is a modification for the TVs of 2021, most likely it is the same Object Tracking Sound +, possibly with some modifications. For marketing, you have to come up with something new every year, so the next generation of Object Tracking Sound pro appeared a year later.
Note: Object Tracking Sound only works on TVs with a screen size greater than 49 inches. On smaller TVs, the close proximity of the speakers makes it difficult to create a surround sound effect and Object Tracking Sound is not effective. The larger your TV screen, the better Object Tracking Sound will work.