In this article, I will look at Samsung’s budget TVs from the Crystal UHD 7 Series line.
The CU7000 is the 2023 model from the Crystal UHD series.
The AU7000 is a 2021 model also from the Crystal UHD series.
There are also TV modifications; you may see CU7100 and AU7100 – this is just another name commonly used by the manufacturer to distinguish TV models based on the country for which they are manufactured.
CU7000 and AU7000 availability
What you need to know when choosing between these two TV models. The first thing you might want to know if you’re in North America is why I need help finding the 2022 BU7000 and 2021 AU7000 models in the store. And the answer is simple, Samsung 2022 did not introduce the Crystal UHD lineup in North America. There was only the 2021 AU8000 model. The company decided it was unnecessary, perhaps because of the overproduction of the 2020 TU7000 series or a decision to offer higher-priced TVs in the North American market. Either way, Samsung is back, and you can now find new 2023 TVs in stores. And you need to know what the differences are between these TV models.
The CU7000 and AU7000 price segment.
These are Samsung’s budget TV models; LG has a similar line called the NanoCell. The displays in these TVs are made with classic LED technology and, of course, not Samsung. Since 2016, such TVs have been equipped with BOE, TCL, and third-party displays. With different screen sizes from 43 to 85 inches TV, you can buy from $ 300 to 1500.
How much can you save by buying an AU7000
If you decide to buy a previous-generation 2021 TV, you can save money. And the savings will range from $50 for a 43-inch TV to $350 for an 85-inch TV. Of course, you’ll be wondering what the differences are between these TVs and about that next.
Differences between the CU7000 and AU8000 TVs
A little bit about the main differences, and then I’ll talk about the differences depending on the country if we talk about this line of TVs in general. The technical differences are minimal. Of course, you must understand that the CU7000 or AU7000 are basic TV models; you will see many different models, but this is to know what country the TV is made for.
- Displays: support a maximum of 60 Hz, and there are no differences; depending on the manufacturer of the display, image quality may vary slightly, but this is only if you put the two TVs side by side. EDGE backlighting means that the TVs have virtually no screen-darkening technology. You can see the backlighting on the screen, and of course, in these models of TVs, there is no black color in the dark. You will see a dark gray color instead of black, a disadvantage of LED technology. But overall, the picture is not bad; the display has an 8-bit color depth, which means that the display can show 16 million colors, to improve the technology dithering (rapid blinking backlight to create more colors).
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth versions differ in AU7000 Bluetooth version 4.2, and CU7000 has Bluetooth version 5.2. Bluetooth version 5.2 is a newer version, but there are no notable differences regarding TVs; yes, the new version can support the connection of more devices and has increased range. You will not notice any difference if you only need Bluetooth to connect your headphones or soundbar.
- Operating system: In AU7000 Tizen 6.0 and CU7000 Tizen 7.0, you will not see any difference; these TVs use a simplified operating system version with minimal features.
- Processor: In the TVs, Crystal Processor is a commercial name; in fact, it is the most straightforward processor from MediaTek, supporting 4K.
- HDMI and USB ports: the number of USB ports is one port, HDMI 3 ports. The 2023 model supports Auto Game Mode (automatic console detection and switching to game mode). In TV 2021, you’ll have to switch to the correct HDMI input manually.
- Remote controls: remotes for TVs CU7000 – TM2140, AU7000 – TM2240, or TM2340 remotes are the same in their functionality, Smart remote but without a microphone.
A detailed technical comparison can be found at the end of this article.
Models of Samsung AU7100 and CU7100 TVs, depending on the country.
And now about what TV models are available depending on the country.
Samsung CU7000 vs AU7000 TV in USA, Canada
You can find the CU7000 TV model in the US and Canada, but you won’t find the AU7000 model; as I said, the closest model in the US and Canada is the 20207100 TU7000 unless someone brings in an AU7000 from Mexico.
Samsung CU7010 vs. AU7000 TVs in Mexico
You can find both TV models in Mexico; for Mexico, the TV model looks like UN65AU7000FXZX or UN65CU7010FXZX. You should know that Samsung TVs for North America are assembled in Mexico.
Samsung CU7000 vs. AU7000 TVs in Latin America
You can find very different models of TVs, for example, in
Brazil sells the CU7700 model. Historically, in Latin American countries, new TVs come a little later.
Samsung CU7000 (2023) vs. AU7000 (2021) TVs in Europe
You can find many different TV models in Europe; I will give you a list of available TVs by country in Europe.
- UK: in the UK, you can see CU7100 and CU7110 TV models are 2023 models, and AU7100 and AU7025 models are 2021.
- Germany: CU7179 (2023), AU7102, AU7170, AU7172, AU7199 (2021) also in Germany you can find AU6979 (2021)
- France: CU7105, CU7175 (2023); AU7025, AU7095 (2021)
Spain: CU7000, CU7105 (2023); AU7025, AU7095, AU7175 (2021)
Portugal: CU7105, CU7175 (2023); AU7105, AU7175 (2021).
Italy: CU7000, CU7170, CU7190 (2022); AU7040, AU7090, AU7122, AU7170, AU7190 (2021)
Denmark: CU7105, CU7175; AU7105, AU7175
Netherlands: CU7100, CU7170; AU7020, AU7022, AU7040, AU7090, AU7179, AU7199
Poland: CU7172, CU7192; AU7102, AU7122, AU7192
Finland: CU7105, CU7175; AU7105, AU7175
Czech Republic: CU7100, CU7172, CU7190; AU7100, AU7170, AU7172, AU7175
Sweden: CUCU7105, CU7175; AU7105, AU7175
Romania: CU7000, CU7172, CU7192; AU7092, AU7172
Hungary: CU7000, 7172, CU7175, CU7190; AU7000, AU7022, AU7090, AU7100, AU7190
Bulgaria: CU7000, CU7172; AU7092, AU7172
Slovakia: CU7105, CU7172, CU7175; AU7100, AU7172
Greece: CU7000, CU7172; AU7000, AU7172
Switzerland: CU7170; AU7000, AU7170, AU7190
Norway: CU7105, CU7175; AU7105, AU7175
Slovenia: CU7000, CU7172; AU7000, AU7002, AU7172
Belgium: CU7100, CU7170, CU7179; AU7020, AU7022, AU7040, AU7090, AU7100, AU7179
Turkey: CU7000; AU7000, AU7100
Samsung UC7000 (2023) vs UA7000 (2021) TVs in Korea
Korea uses a slightly different model number designation. Therefore, the 2023 model TV has this model numbers UC7000, UC7030, UC7050, and UC7070. Model 2021 TVs UA7000, UA7050.
Samsung UC7000 (2023) vs. UA7000 (2021) TVs in China and Japan
Samsung TVs are not sold in Japan; Samsung failed to conquer the market and decided not to sell TVs in Japan.
Samsung only offers eight series TVs in China, so the information about seven series Crystal UHD is irrelevant to China.
Comparison of CU7000 and AU7000 specifications
|CU7000 (2023)||AU7000 (2021)|
|Screen Size||43", 50", 55", 58", 65", 70", 75", 85''||43, 50, 55, 58, 65, 75, 85|
|Style||Flat Panel||Flat Panel|
|Resolution||3,840 x 2,160||3,840 x 2,160|
|screen bit||8 bit + FRC||10bit (8 bit+FRC)|
|Backlighting||Standard LED EDGE||EDGE Led|
|Dimming Technology||UHD Dimming||UHD Dimming|
|Stand Type (Color)||SLIM FEET||TITAN GRAY|
|Bezel Width||3 Bezel-less||3 Bezel-less|
|refresh rate Hz||60||60|
|Color||Pur Color||Pur Color|
|Contrast||Mega Contrast||Mega Contrast|
|HDR (High-Dynamic Range)||Yes||HLG, HDR10+|
|Picture Engine||Crystal Processor 4K||Crystal Processor 4K|
|HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma)||Yes||Yes|
|Motion Technology||Motion Xcelerator||Motion Xcelerator|
|Speaker Type||2 CH||2CH|
|Object Tracking Sound||OTS Lite||No|
|Q-Symphony||Yes only soundbar||Yes|
|OS||Tizen 7.0||Tizen 6.0|
|Wi-Fi||Yes WiFi5||Yes WiFi 5|
|Bluetooth||Yes (ver.5.2)||Yes (ver.4.2)|
|360 Video Player||No||No|
|360 Camera Support||No||No|
|Wireless TV On||No||Yes|
|Wired TV On||No||Yes|
|Mobile to TV - Mirroring, DLNA||Yes||Yes|
|SmartThings App Support||No||Yes|
|Far-Field Voice Interaction||No||No|
|BT HID Support||N/A||Yes|
|Auto Game Mode (ALLM)||Yes||No|
|Game Motion Plus||No||No|
|Dynamic Black EQ||No||No|
|Super Ultra Wide Game View||No||No|
|Auto Channel Search||A/A||Yes|
|InstaPort S (HDMI Quick Switch)||No||Yes|
|Auto Power Off||Yes||Yes|
|Auto Motion Plus||No||Yes|
|TV to Mobile - Mirroring||No||Yes only US|
|USB HID Support||Yes||No|
|TV initiate mirroring||No||No|
|Video Communication||Google Meet||No|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|HDMI||3 ver 2.0||3|
|RF In (Terrestrial/Cable||Yes||Yes|
|RF In (Satellite Input)||Yes Europe, No US||Yes Europe, No US|
|Digital Audio Out (Optical)||Yes||Yes|
|Audio Return Channel Support||Yes||No|
|Digital Broadcasting||ATSC 3.0 (Canada) ATSC/ClearQAM - US: DVB- Europe||ATSC/ClearQAM US, DVB Europe|
|Remote control||TM2240A||TM2180A, TM2140A|
If you choose a TV and want to save money, you can buy an AU7000 series TV. In terms of picture quality, these are similar TVs with minimal differences. This is especially true if you want to buy a large TV; you can save on the purchase and buy a soundbar for the saved money for better sound.