You should know that your Samsung phone has several designations or manufacturing codes that identify the phone.
The product name is the commercial name of the phone; it is usually easy to remember and is meant to identify the phone by name, for example, Galaxy Z Fold3 5G.
The model name is a technical parameter, it’s hard to remember, but it identifies the phone; it can also be called a part number.
A serial number is a unique number assigned to each device, which I will talk about in this article.
Samsung serial number lookup
Samsung phone serial number lookup: of course, if you need a serial number, you must find it first. The Samsung serial number can be found in three places:
- On the box the phone was packaged in, you’ll find a sticker with information about the phone on it.
- In the phone menu, you can see information about the phone. To see the information, do the following:
- Unlock the phone
- Drag your finger down the screen to open the quick settings
- On the right side, you will see a gear; tap to open the settings.
- Scroll down at the very bottom; there is a line about the phone; press it, and you will see the phone’s serial and model numbers.
- There is another place where you can see the serial number of your Samsung phone; it is on the back of the phone. But if you are visually impaired, you won’t see anything; the inscription is made in tiny letters. You will need either a magnifying glass or take a picture and then look at the description on the enlarged image.
What does Samsung serial number mean?
Now about the Samsung phone serial number, it is a unique serial number, short designation S/N. The phone serial number consists of 11 digits. From the serial number, Samsung can determine what type of product the serial number belongs to, at which factory it was assembled, and the date of manufacture with details down to the month. I have shown this in more detail in the figure below.
Let’s look at what information you can get from a Samsung phone serial number; for example, consider the Samsung Galaxy S10 serial number R58M315CL4T
- R is the product code R Samsung assigns to phones and tablets. According to the first symbol, it is easy to determine which family of devices this serial number refers to.
- 58 is the factory and assembly plant code where the device is assembled.
How to know the production date of your Samsung phone
The fourth and fifth characters in the Samsung phone serial number are the assembly date. Samsung determines the production date of the phone to the exact month. Further in the article, I have prepared a table in which you can easily find the date of manufacture of the device.
- M is the production year code; in this case, M tells us that the phone was produced in 2019.
- 3 is the month of the year in which the device was assembled. Thus, we can determine from this serial number that the phone was manufactured in March 2019.
- 15CL4T – serial number of the phone itself, Samsung assigns a serial number, and by it, we can determine the technical parameters of the device, the color of the body, etc. This information is available to service centers to check devices and collect quality complaints.
As you understand, the most exciting information is the phone’s manufacture date.
Samsung Phone Production Date Table
In the table, you can easily find the production date of your Samsung phone. Samsung began using the production date on its products in 1990. Naturally, over such an extended period, the symbols are repeated. The year is indicated only by a letter, and the month of production by numbers and letters.
As you understand, cell phones were just being developed in 1990. But I decided to show the whole table; you can also use it to determine the production date of other Samsung products.
Data Code Samsung
|year / month||January||February||March||April||May||June||july||August||September||October||November||December|
|code; year / month||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||A||B||C|
|1990||M||M 1||M 2||M 3||M 4||M5||M6||M7||M8||M9||MA||MB||MC|
How to check the serial number of your Samsung phone
To check the serial number, you can decode it yourself and look at the date of manufacture. You can also check it on the Samsung website to try to register your device. This will check if the phone’s serial number is found in the Samsung database. You’ll need the phone’s IMEI to register it in the U.S.; registration is only available for devices made for the U.S. But you can enter the device’s serial number on the Samsung website for other countries.
To check the serial number or register the device on the Samsung website, you need to create an account on the Samsung website or sign in if you are already registered. To check, I used Samsung’s website for Singapore; it was one of the first sites I came across as a result of my search. Go to https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/your-service/register-product and enter the serial number; it will show you the phone model assigned to that number.
For example, I took the serial number of the Samsung RZ8T10Q1XDZ phone and entered this value when registering the phone; Samsung reported that this serial number is assigned to the SM-A525FZKDSEK phone model;from that, the phone model number is A52. This is how you can check the serial number of the phone.
Hello, Samsung has already announced what letter they will use to indicate the date of production in 2021?
Thank you in advance for your answer.
Unfortunately, we do not have this information.
How to get serial number from imei or we can make software for this which is do to imei convert to serial number?
You can check your phone by IMEI https://www.imei.info/
We have not studied the issue of converting IMEI to serial number.
Thanks a lot for all the information, it is very useful. Do you know when Samsung updates its Production Date Table?, to know the 4th character of the serial number that will indicate that the device has been manufactured in 2021.
Samsung has not yet announced what letter will be used to indicate the date of production in 2021.
OK, it looks like we will have to wait. Thank you very much for your answer and all the information.
Phone country of origin ? How to Decode complete SN information ?
Samsung phone serial number 2001-2020 decode explained
How to find the country of origin
Samsung TV serial numbers decoder 2001-2019 and how to find explained https://en.tab-tv.com/?p=15394