LG Smart TVs are known for their quality and useful features. LG Smart TVs give you an excellent opportunity to stream the content from the Internet and watch your favorite movies and shows. Usually, all the TVs come with remote control, which, depending on the model, can give you an opportunity to fully control the actions of the TV.
However, there are some cases when you need to change something in your LG TV’s settings and the remote control has been lost or just not with you. Don’t worry, the developers have tried their best to simplify the usage of modern TVs fully, so it’s possible to control them without the remote. So, it means, that it’s possible to change the input source on your LG TV not using your remote.
What the input source is
If you need to change the input source on your LG TV, it means that you know that the input source is basically an external device that is connected to your TV. All devices that can be connected externally to your LG TV from soundbars to the gaming console are known as the input source.
The main thing that is used to do that is an HDMI cable that gives you an opportunity to connect some set-top boxes that provides you with a chance to get some streaming platforms on your TV. In this way, you’ll get additional access to many channels and video content.
Of course, changing the input source with the remote control is a quite simple process, but what you should do, if there’s no opportunity to use the remote? Don’t worry, the developers have provided users with an opportunity to run the LG Smart TV without the physical remote control.
- How to screen share your iPhone to LG TV
- How to turn off TruMotion on LG TV in case you don’t need
- How to turn off subtitles on LG TV
How to change the input source on LG TV via the buttons
In case there’s no opportunity to find the remote control and use it to change the input source on your LG TV, the developers have provided an opportunity to control the TV with the buttons that are located on the TV itself. So, if you want to change the input source on LG TV, you should follow the prompts which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should press the power button to switch on the TV. In case it doesn’t work, you can press and hold the volume or channel button.
- After that, you should press the input button. Usually, it’s the same button that controls switching on and off the TV.
- To complete the process, you should tap on the button several times and navigate through the menu options. Then, choose the new source.
Since then, the LG TV input source would be changed. You can admire all the features of the LG TV and improve your viewing experience. For a better feeling, you can connect the headphones to your LG TV.
How to change the input source on LG TV via the ThinQ app
There can be different issues why you can’t use the physical remote control with your LG TV. However, there are many apps that give you an opportunity to replace the lost physical remote with the virtual one on your phone. The ThinQ app can help you with that. However, you’ll need to pair the “remote” with your TV before you can use it. So, to do that, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should install the ThinQ app.
- After that, you should switch on your LG Smart TV by pressing the button.
- Then, you should sign in to the ThinQ app.
- Next, you should click on the “Add a Device” option.
- After that, you should click on the “Home Appliances” section and then head to the “Select device” tab.
- Then, you should tap on your TV on the list.
- Next, you should see the PIN displayed on the screen, you should fill it in the special field in the ThinQ app.
- After that, you should pair your phone to your TV. To do that, you should click on the “Move to Home” option.
- To complete the process, you should tap on the “Input” option in the app and choose the desired source and click on it.
Since then, you’ll be able to change the input source on your LG Smart TV whenever you want. However, this issue is very common among the users of all TVs, so not only do LG TV users want to change the input source without the remote but Sony TV also.
How to change the input source on LG TV via the mouse
Not only your phone can be used instead of the remote. It’s also possible to connect the Magic Mouse to your LG Smart TV, or in case you don’t have it, you can also connect a regular PC mouse and use it to control your TV. So, this method is very simple, as the only thing that’s required is the mouse with a USB cable that can be found in every house. So, to do that, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should connect your mouse to the back of the LG Smart TV.
- After that, you should switch on your LG Smart TV by clicking on the power button on the device.
- Then, you should move down until you see the “TV/Inputs” section.
- To complete the process, you should click on the selected input source.
Since then, the input source would be changed and you’ll be able to experience the full range of features that have been provided to let the users take pleasure while watching their favorite content. You can also disable the ads on your LG TV for convenience.
- How to add Hulu to LG TV in a few steps
- LG TV model number explained: LG TV models list lookup
- How to connect two Magic remotes to an LG TV
Why you can’t change the input source on your LG TV
Even though you’ve tried the methods above to change the input source on your LG TV, you may still face some issues as the TV doesn’t detect the new input sources. However, you shouldn’t stop trying, as, fortunately, there are some solutions. So, in case something went wrong and the LG TV couldn’t detect the input source, you should follow the tips which would be displayed in the section below:
- First of all, you should make sure that all the cables and wires are in a good condition and the devices are connected in a proper way. You can also try to plug out and in the cable several times.
- You should also make sure that there’s enough charge on the device or whether it’s properly connected to the socket.
- You can also try to restart both devices. However, you should wait for a while until switching it on again.
- You should also make sure that you remember the right name of the device, as sometimes, users may rename it and forget.
Since all the tips have been tried out, you should try to detect the input device once more. However, in case even those steps didn’t help you to solve the problem, you should contact the support team and explain your issue. They will give you further instructions on what should be done.