In this article we will look at how to decipher the information plate, the serial number of the Bosch washing machine, how to find the serial number of the Bosch washing machine, how to find out the date of issue of the Bosch washing machine. How to identify a fake washing machine.
Bosch, Siemens washing machines are manufactured by one BSH Hausgeräte GmbH group of companies, which adopted its own standard for the assembly date and serial number. Therefore, the decryption of the serial number and the date of issue of washing machines is the same for Bosch and Siemens.
Information about the Bosch, Siemens washing machine is printed on the information sheet, which is glued to the back of the washing machine, a backup sticker with basic information is placed on the hatch of the washing machine from the inside and the information in both stickers must match.
Example of a sticker with information about the Bosch washing machine
- E-Nr. WAS28775/23 – model of the washing machine, how to decipher the model of the washing machine is discussed in the article Identification Bosch washing machines model numbers 2014-2018
- FD – (Factory Date) The date of manufacture of the washing machine, 8907 consists of 4 digits. How to decipher the date of production of the washing machine will be discussed below.
- Z -Nr. – the number of the washing machine, six digits 200430, how to decipher it also consider.
- 489070250386004303 – the serial number of the washing machine, decoding on.
An example of decoding the information sheet of the Bosch, Siemens washing machine
FD – (Factory Date) – 8907 date of production of the washing machine, washing machine manufactured in July 2009. Bosch encrypts the production date and needs to be decrypted as follows:
- 8 -the cipher of the decade, in this case, this means that the washing machine was produced in the period 2000-2009..
- 9 – 2010 – 2019
- 8 – 2000 – 2009
- 7 – 1990 – 1999
- 6 – 1980 – 1989
- 5 – 1970 – 1979
- 9 -year in a decade, this means the washing machine was produced in 2009..
- 07 -The month of manufacture of the washing machine, is indicated by two digits of the ordinal number of the month of the year, 07 the washing machine was produced in the month of July.
Z- Nr. – 200430
- 2 – assembly line number
- 00430 – washing machine number, decipher so, in July 2009, on the second assembly line, this washing machine was 430 descended from the assembly line. The designation of 5 digits allows you to assign the numbers 99999 to washing machines, and these are 3225 washing machines per day, 134 per hour, 2 per minute. It is clear that such a quantity is not possible to produce per day on one conveyor and 5 figures are quite enough.
Serial number of the washing machine, decryption
The washing machine is also assigned a serial number with additional information. The serial number is additional protection from the manufacturer of its washing machines. This number controls the correctness of the specified information about the washing machine, the serial number consists of 18 digits 489070250386004303 and is decoded as follows.
Note that washing machines produced before 2000 did not have a serial number. The manufacturer indicated only the information on the model number, year of production and the number of the washing machine.
- 48 – the code of the plant where the washing machine was assembled, you can determine the country of assembly
- 40 – Germany
- 41 – Poland
- 42 – Germany
- 43 – Turkey
- 45 – Germany
- 48 – Germany
- 84 – Thailand
- 85 – USA
- 87 – China
- 88 – Russia
- 99 – Germany
- 9 – year of manufacture, last year in the decade.
- 07 – month of manufacture.
- 0250386 – internal manufacturer code in which information about suppliers of components.
- 00430 – washing machine number
- 3 – serial number control code, used to verify the manufacturer of the serial number.
Fake serial number, Bosch washing machine
There are inconsistencies between the serial number and the FD codes with the serial number of the washing machine. As an example in the photo above. According to FD and Z-Nr, the washing machine was made in 2001 in May and it left the assembly line number 3545. According to the serial number, the washing machine was made in 2001 in December and 90733 was produced by invoice.
This is a fake sticker, this is what the following says:
- number Z-Nr. must be 6 digits.
- production date in FD and serial number is different
- the number of produced washing machine Z-Nr. a very large 3543, on the assembly line 3543 washing machines were made per day in a month, this is a lot, although on large lines at the end of the month it is possible. But according to serial number 90733, the washing machine was almost 100,000 produced by the washing machine in a month, it is not possible.
- does not match the information Z-Nr. and serial number.
The one who printed the sticker did not know that the FD and Z-Nr information is present in the serial number. We definitely do not recommend buying such a washing machine. Since the washing machine was not produced by Bosch, or it is another model earlier on which a fresh sticker was pasted. Or, alternatively, the washing machine is assembled from several washing machines.