Lagging a bit in the development of new chips for mobile devices in early 2015, Qualcomm has developed and released a new 4-x-core Snapdragon processor 820, made on 14nm technology, which means a reduction of energy consumption, the nucleus are called Kryo™.
On the main characteristics can be distinguished
- the frequency of the cores of 2.2 GHz
- integrated graphics chip Qualcomm® Adreno ™ 530 GPU
- DSP processor (signal processor) Qualcomm® Hexagon ™ DSP 680
- Support digital camera 25 Mp
- Support for 4K video
- USB 3.0 support
- Support for various communication standards, up to LTE.
What distinguishes this processor, production technology, managed to create a new kernel which uses less energy. and therefore less heated and had at the same clock speeds will be higher performance.
This chip is oriented to mobile devices, tablets.